Meme Thread for Memes and other assorted Lulz

C-Mag

Re: Meme Thread for Memes and other assorted Lulz

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:51 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:56 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:25 pm
How well would you have coped with a Democrat win?
What would you think if your criticism was portrayed as crying and Hillary Derangement Syndrome?
I lived through it for 8 years under BHO. He was still my POTUS, and I even gave him credit from time to time. At no time did I go shit in the streets.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:14 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:51 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:56 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:25 pm
How well would you have coped with a Democrat win?
What would you think if your criticism was portrayed as crying and Hillary Derangement Syndrome?
I lived through it for 8 years under BHO. He was still my POTUS, and I even gave him credit from time to time. At no time did I go shit in the streets.
Well, I've never been brought to tears by Trump, he's definitely not my President and I've never shat in the streets either.
I have shat in the woods but I always dig a hole and fill it in after.
This TDS cliche annoys the fuck out of me though.
I'm portrayed as a massive statist but if I criticise my government (or yours) I get accused of derangement syndrome.
It's lazy and far more establishment deferent than not accepting executive overreach or incompetence.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:49 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:14 pm

Well, I've never been brought to tears by Trump, he's definitely not my President and I've never shat in the streets either.
I have shat in the woods but I always dig a hole and fill it in after.
This TDS cliche annoys the fuck out of me though.
I'm portrayed as a massive statist but if I criticise my government (or yours) I get accused of derangement syndrome.
It's lazy and far more establishment deferent than not accepting executive overreach or incompetence.
The people overreacting are a small overly vocal minority, amplified by a biased press. In times like these no one wants to listen to a moderate Dem like our host.

You're good with me. We have our differences, but nothing worth getting upset over IRL.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:54 pm

Likewise.
We can always talk about tractors if the politics gets too snarky.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:26 am

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:33 am

The thing that upsets me the most is that our local media over here in Europe is covering American news by giving us the TDS infested left-wing US media news as the fair and balanced truth. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever unless you assume that a majority of Americans are white supremacist right wing extremists. It's a dangerous game. Truth has no value any more. It's not even about aiming for the truth, it's just an endless quest for framing, defaming and cheap gotchas. It makes me sick to the stomach.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:40 am

Hastur wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:33 am
The thing that upsets me the most is that our local media over here in Europe is covering American news by giving us the TDS infested left-wing US media news as the fair and balanced truth. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever unless you assume that a majority of Americans are white supremacist right wing extremists. It's a dangerous game. Truth has no value any more. It's not even about aiming for the truth, it's just an endless quest for framing, defaming and cheap gotchas. It makes me sick to the stomach.
Is your amygdala running rampant? No Agenda needs to go to 3 days a week.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:43 am

Haumana wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:40 am
Hastur wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:33 am
Is your amygdala running rampant? No Agenda needs to go to 3 days a week.
I'm doing fine. I have my sources of antidotes. No Agenda is one. It's just that the world around me is going bonkers and I'm loosing my voice from shouting at the TV. My family and friends are beginning to give me weird looks. :? :shifty:

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:45 am

Hastur wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:43 am

I'm doing fine. I have my sources of antidotes. No Agenda is one. It's just that the world around me is going bonkers and I'm loosing my voice from shouting at the TV. My family and friends are beginning to give me weird looks. :? :shifty:
You are still watching TV? What other sources are your antidotes? I could use a couple more if they are in english.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:08 am

Haumana wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:45 am
Hastur wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:43 am

You are still watching TV? What other sources are your antidotes? I could use a couple more if they are in english.
I try my best to avoid TV news but I'm married, so I'm not in total control. The morning and afternoon shows are the worst besides the news.
Other than No Agenda (and Moe Factz) I watch Tim Pool, The Rubin Report and Jimmy Dore to keep up with current affairs. I sometimes listen to Adam Carolla, Dr Drew and Bill Burr for some laughs. Useful Idiots with Matt Taibbi has started well. They lean left but it's not deranged. You need some balance. The Classicist podcast is good as well.