Meme Thread for Memes and other assorted Lulz

DBTrek

Re: Meme Thread for Memes and other assorted Lulz

Post by DBTrek » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:33 am

You know it’s a hilarious joke when it’s followed by an extensive explanation as to why it’s funny. I guess the left memes are fire after all.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:34 am

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:27 am
Depends on whether you believe effective communication is the responsibility of the reader or the author. Europeans and Americans generally believe the burden of clearly communicating an idea falls upon the author. Middle Easterners and people from Southeast Asia place the onus on the reader.
I don't think the problem was with the communicative qualities of the artist. The misunderstanding of the reader, in this case, was caused by his quickness to assume it was patronising the dumb blond without properly reading the content.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:35 am

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:33 am
You know it’s a hilarious joke when it’s followed by an extensive explanation as to why it’s funny. I guess the left memes are fire after all.
Or maybe you're just not sophisticated enough to understand their "high brow" humor.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:37 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:34 am
DBTrek wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:27 am
Depends on whether you believe effective communication is the responsibility of the reader or the author. Europeans and Americans generally believe the burden of clearly communicating an idea falls upon the author. Middle Easterners and people from Southeast Asia place the onus on the reader.
I don't think the problem was with the communicative qualities of the artist. The misunderstanding of the reader, in this case, was caused by his quickness to assume it was patronising the dumb blond without properly reading the content.

I got the joke - IT WAS DUMB.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:38 am

DBTrek wrote:
You know the joke hit its mark when multiple snowflake posters refuse to find it funny and make up alternative meanings for the punchline.
/shrug
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:40 am

I'm convinced he is either "differently abled" or a Super Troll....

I'm leaning towards Super Troll.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:47 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:38 am
DBTrek wrote:
You know the joke hit its mark when multiple snowflake posters refuse to find it funny and make up alternative meanings for the punchline.
/shrug
Yep.
Nothing says “joke hit the mark” like a majority of the audience not finding it funny. Good call.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:50 am

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:47 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:38 am
DBTrek wrote:
/shrug
Yep.

Nothing says “joke hit the mark” like a majority of the audience not finding it funny. Good call.
Exactly, no one finds it funny when their ''side'' is the butt of the joke.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:51 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:36 am
I dont get it

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:58 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:50 am

Exactly, no one finds it funny when their ''side'' is the butt of the joke.
Ivanka has her own “side” now?
:lol:

Your attempts to defend this Turkey of a cartoon are far funnier than the actual “joke”.