Art--You Philistines

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Art--You Philistines

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:03 pm

pineapplemike wrote:There are few things in life that piss me off more than modern art

The audacity of these types of people to call themselves artists, I don't even call myself an artist and I have at least some grasp of art and technique.

At least Vox didn't try to make the all-white paintings into a racial thing
I read somewheres once that that level of minimalist abstraction was just the obvious end point of spinning out the style of Whistler or Turner, painters I quite like.

I can sort of see it.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:17 am

This mural painting, titled Mr Pynchon and the settlement of Springfield, is by Umberto Romano and was completed in 1937.

Does anyone notice something odd?

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:29 am

:lol:
The Redman gots hisself a smartphone!

I knew the ancient aliens guy was right! I KNEW it!
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:13 am

Hastur wrote:This mural painting, titled Mr Pynchon and the settlement of Springfield, is by Umberto Romano and was completed in 1937.

Someone upset about being unfriended on Facebook?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:25 am

There's a witch flying across the sky in the upper right quadrant.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:12 am

de officiis wrote:
Hastur wrote:This mural painting, titled Mr Pynchon and the settlement of Springfield, is by Umberto Romano and was completed in 1937.

Someone upset about being unfriended on Facebook?
I got unfriended by a SJW guy from high school for posting anti-leftist stuff. He also let me know the "snake and the lizard have been coopted by white supremacist movements"
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:29 am

Lizard?
HAIL!

-Hwen

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:38 am

The Art of Andrey Remnev
The painting style of Moscow based artist Andrey Remnev lies somewhere between antiquity and contemporary. One look at his work, and it should come as no surprise that he studied painting at the Holy Andronic monastery in Moscow for eight years. The site is home to some of the most precious examples of Russian Orthodox art, from which Remnev borrows his techniques and palette of natural pigments. Remnev’s work frequently displays familiar images of iconic art in this unusual context, giving new meaning to old styles.
http://kengarex.com/iconic-compositions ... ign=buffer

Gorgeous and strange.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:14 am

de officiis wrote:The Art of Andrey Remnev
The painting style of Moscow based artist Andrey Remnev lies somewhere between antiquity and contemporary. One look at his work, and it should come as no surprise that he studied painting at the Holy Andronic monastery in Moscow for eight years. The site is home to some of the most precious examples of Russian Orthodox art, from which Remnev borrows his techniques and palette of natural pigments. Remnev’s work frequently displays familiar images of iconic art in this unusual context, giving new meaning to old styles.
http://kengarex.com/iconic-compositions ... ign=buffer

Gorgeous and strange.
I don't think I understand any of the hidden meanings, though I'm sure there are many. His talent for faces though, is absolutely incredible...
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:11 pm

If you guys like art you should check out some of Umberto Ecos coffee table books. His book of legendary lands is the most beautiful book I own. De officis would love that book. I will post some art from it when I get home.
Shikata ga nai