Art--You Philistines

Hastur

Re: Art--You Philistines

Post by Hastur » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:27 am

heydaralon wrote:That looks a lot like some Ralph Steadman's or Quentin Blake's later work.
Did you just call Manet a cartoonist. :shock: :doh:

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:55 am

Hastur wrote:
heydaralon wrote:That looks a lot like some Ralph Steadman's or Quentin Blake's later work.
Did you just call Manet a cartoonist. :shock: :doh:
:lol:

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:10 am

The Death of Socrates
Artist:Jacques Louis David (French, Paris 1748–1825 Brussels)
Date:1787
Medium:Oil on canvas
Dimensions:51 x 77 1/4 in. (129.5 x 196.2 cm)

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:17 am

My favorite thing is how much it looks like Socrates is flipping the gods a big 'ol bird.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:39 am

Fuck all you motherfuckers, I'm drinking that Hemlock. The defense rests Bitch! I'm not gonna "Phaedo" the courts decision!
Shikata ga nai

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:01 pm

"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:00 pm

'I think leftism is a disorder'
In the Trump era, the right . . . has its own guerrilla artist: Sabo, a former US marine who works from an apartment-cum-studio in Los Angeles beneath a sign that says “Fuck Tibet”. Another says “Fuck peace”.

Under cover of darkness, he peppers public spaces in LA with images and slogans targeting liberals, whom he associates with “pot-smoking lazy bums” hostile to western values. He puts the same images and slogans on posters, T-shirts and pins which he sells from his website and at Republican party gatherings across the US.

“I think leftism is a mental disorder,” Sabo, 49, said in an interview at his home. “I truly believe I’m fighting the good fight.”
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesig ... d-trump-la

Well, someone needs to do it.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:08 pm

DBTrek wrote:Image
FTW

Man I miss catching Paul Harvey on the radio at noon with my grandfather. :goteam:

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:26 am

AI Project Produces New Styles of Art
Artificial intelligence is getting pretty good at besting humans in things like chess and Go and dominating at trivia. Now, AI is moving into the arts, aping van Gogh’s style and creating a truly trippy art form called Inceptionism. A new AI project is continuing to push the envelope with an algorithm that only produces original styles of art, and Chris Baraniuk at New Scientist reports that the product gets equal or higher ratings than human-generated artwork.

Researchers from Rutgers University, the College of Charleston and Facebook’s AI Lab collaborated on the system, which is a type of generative adversarial network or GAN, which uses two independent neural networks to critique each other. In this case, one of the systems is a generator network, which creates pieces of art. The other network is the “discriminator” network, which is trained on 81,500 images from the WikiArt database, spanning centuries of painting. The algorithm learned how to tell the difference between a piece of art versus a photograph or diagram, and it also learned how to identify different styles of art, for instance impressionism versus pop art.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:15 am

Inceptionism. Needs work.

(It looks like they just fractally repeat pieces of an image and call it "art")

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0