NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:27 am

Smitty-48 wrote:But even if you're shopping Hanafin, you're fishing for a comparable, William Nylander or somebody like that, you're not shopping him for overpaid 26 year olds making $6 million with only two years left on their contracts coming off career worst seasons, Hanafin is a highly sought after commonity, if Francis trades him for anything less, he should be fired.
I'm with you, but if Ron Francis wants to get fleeced, we are more than happy to fleece him.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:31 am

Well I don't buy that he's actually making the trade, the rumor I heard is that Carolina inquired about Duchene, Sakic said he wanted Hanafin, and Ron Francis said "oh, never mind then" and hung up.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:32 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Well I don't buy that he's actually making the trade, the rumor I heard is that Carolina inquired about Duchene, Sakic said he wanted Hanafin, and Ron Francis said "oh, never mind then" and hung up.
Didn't hear that anywhere. I've heard a lot of GM's are scoffing at Sakic's asking price, never heard Francis being mentioned as one of them.
/shrugs

Oh wait, saw one rumor where they say Carolina balked at asking price. If I were them I would do so.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:34 am

Looks like Mike Smith is going to Calgary.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:39 am

StCapps wrote:Looks like Mike Smith is going to Calgary.
That's a desperation move, this is why, while Freddie Andersen is not my favourite goalie, I still don't fault Lamoriello and Babs for that trade and sign, because there's a lot of goalies out there, but there's not many actual number ones available, and some of them are getting stupid money too, Andersen at 5 for 5 is better than the other options I'm seeing.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:43 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:Looks like Mike Smith is going to Calgary.
That's a desperation move, this is why, while Freddie Andersen is not my favourite goalie, I still don't fault Lamoriello and Babs for that trade and sign, because there's a lot of goalies out there, but there's not many actual number ones available, and some of them are getting stupid money too, Andersen at 5 for 5 is better than the other options I'm seeing.
Yeah, the goalie market sure leaves a lot to be desired these days.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:46 am

Calvin Pickard looked good at the Worlds, just need to pawn Varlamov off on somebody, but with Sakic, I think you might get stuck with everybody, he's asking the moon and not getting it, and he doesn't seem to be getting real yet, so I could see the Avs just standing pat by default, because Sakic can't make a deal.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:51 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Calvin Pickard looked good at the Worlds, just need to pawn Varlamov off on somebody, but with Sakic, I think you might get stuck with everybody, he's asking the moon and not getting it, and he doesn't seem to be getting real yet, so I could see the Avs just standing pat by default, because Sakic can't make a deal.
I'm hearing we are going to protect Varlamov instead of Pickard, that would be a bummer. There is no way Vegas takes Varlamov, they probably will take Pickard if we don't protect him, don't understand the rationale on protecting Varlamov.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:55 am

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Calvin Pickard looked good at the Worlds, just need to pawn Varlamov off on somebody, but with Sakic, I think you might get stuck with everybody, he's asking the moon and not getting it, and he doesn't seem to be getting real yet, so I could see the Avs just standing pat by default, because Sakic can't make a deal.
I'm hearing we are going to protect Varlamov instead of Pickard, that would be a bummer. There is no way Vegas takes Varlamov, they probably will take Pickard if we don't protect him, don't understand the rationale on protecting Varlamov.
What?! Exposing Varlamov is a no brainer, gotta gid rid of Sakic yo, he's killing you.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:57 am

Smitty-48 wrote:What?! Exposing Varlamov is a no brainer.
I know, but the Avs are an organization that is run by morons, and from what I've heard they think differently.
:doh:

Now there is a rumor I hope isn't true.
#pleaseprotectpickard
*yip*