International sports bar

Montegriffo

Re: International sports bar

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:11 am

SA won 19-16 in the end.
It's a pity, Wales play a more open and varied game and would have made the final a better match.
The Boer just kick the ball every time they get it. You end up with a tedious game of tennis.
Neither side looked anywhere near good enough to beat England if they play like they did against the All Blacks.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:18 am

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:25 am

Hastur wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:18 am
Millions of people care. Just no one in Sweden.
If there's no snow or ice on the pitch you just get confused.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:52 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:25 am
Hastur wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:18 am
Millions of people care. Just no one in Sweden.
If there's no snow or ice on the pitch you just get confused.
Well, I was thinking about the forum interest, So far you only almost made a drunk Smitty care.

Right now it's all about soccer over here in Sweden. Just one or two games left in the season and it hasn't been this close in the top since 1968.

It's very exiting and all but over here on MHF - no one cares.

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:23 am

Swedish soccer? Indeed, no one gives a shit.
*yip*

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:31 am

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:56 am

Well I see it as my duty to spread the good news about rugby to the heathens and barbarians around the world who have not yet heard.

There is only one sport and rugby is its name.
England is it's prophet.

The end of the World Cup is nigh.
Come Sunday, England will be cricket and rugby world champions for the next 4 years.
England just got to the top of the rugby world rankings for the first time in 5 years.
Lewis Hamilton is about to win his 6th F1 world title and Andy Murray is back winning tournaments.
I'm going to be on a patriotic high all the way to the Olympic games next year.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:00 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:56 am
Well I see it as my duty to spread the good news about rugby to the heathens and barbarians around the world who have not yet heard.

England is it's prophet.

Come Sunday, England will be cricket and rugby world champions for the next 4 years.
England just got to the top of the rugby world rankings for the first time in 5 years.
Lewis Hamilton is about to win his 6th F1 world title and Andy Murray is back winning tournaments.
You realize you still have to win the Rugby World Cup and you are jinxing it right?
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:22 am

StCapps wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:00 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:56 am

England is it's prophet.

You realize you still have to win the Rugby World Cup and you are jinxing it right?
Not even slightly worried that my smugness is going to be a major influence on Saturday's final.
I don't think any of the management team or the players even read the MHF.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:24 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:22 am
Not even slightly worried that my smugness is going to be a major influence on Saturday's final.
I don't think any of the management team or the players even read the MHF.
The Rugby Gods care. It's one thing to like your chances, and boast about it, but it's another thing entirely to count your chickens before they hatch, and act like you've already won. Sporting gods tend to smite that shit, you are basically asking for them to smite England.
*yip*