Literal Odds and Ends

Speaker to Animals

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:10 am

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:55 pm

Well the residents of exit 60 were certainly not excited about getting some out of town money in their coffers. Definitely some hostile looks at the local Hardees for no reason.

Was wearing a north face jacket, so maybe that was too posh :lol:

@Monte - about 2 days. Usually takes 1.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:03 pm

Oh, yeah. That's Tennessee. What can I say about Tennessee that James Yeager hasn't already articulated?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:04 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Oh, yeah. That's Tennessee. What can I say about Tennessee that James Yeager hasn't already articulated?
I can’t imagine why their economy hasn’t taken off.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

K@th

Post by K@th » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:16 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:How far is Ohio to Florida?
Bout 1300 miles.
Well that's fucking ridiculous, how can it still be the same country?
The difference between Americans and Brits -

Brits think 200 miles is a long way and Americans think 200 years is a long time. Getting to drive all across this country for vacations throughout my whole life has been one of the best things in my life. I've driven through almost all 48 states, except for the PNW and some of New England.

We drove 11 states last year in two trips throughout July - Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Kansas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Mississippi and Alabama. Interesting adventures.
Account abandoned.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:31 pm

My commute is over 130 miles. Five days a week.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:36 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:My commute is over 130 miles. Five days a week.
Mine is 5 like miles. 7 days a week.

If I can rent a room or a parking space like I've been trying to work out with this girl, I might just get a bike tbh

K@th

Post by K@th » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:58 pm

Mine's about 130 feet.

My worst ever was 40~ish miles each way, and it sucked. Do you think it's worth it?
Account abandoned.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:01 pm

Worst was having to wake up at 0400 every morning with about an hour to go before the express train to Union Station. About an hour later, I was at Union Station and had to walk to work. If I was lucky, I could get out of work in the Loop in time to catch the 4:20 something express train back to the northwest suburbs. Otherwise, I would be packed in a very crowded train for over an hour going home. Then there was the drive from the train station back home.

Other than that, I usually tried to live close to work so that commute wasn't really a big deal. I like being able to go home for lunch if I want to.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:22 pm

Kath wrote:
Mine's about 130 feet.

My worst ever was 40~ish miles each way, and it sucked. Do you think it's worth it?
It's not perfect, but it could be worse. I don't have to live in Austin.

I go south in the morning to Austin, the wife goes west to Fort Hood, and our oldest goes north to school in Temple. I've got the longest drive, so I drive the car. The jeep is the worst on gas, so the boy drives it. That leaves her with the explorer, and it's not exactly efficient as a daily with one passenger.

BTW, anyone here got a Prius?

The wife wants one to save on gas, and we found an '07 with 80k for about seven grand. I think it's a pretty good deal. Single owner. Only thing I'm not certain about is the battery taking a dump as soon as we buy it. We'll be able to park the explorer, and if the gas savings come out like we're thinking, I get a boat. :dance:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751