NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Fife

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by Fife » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:02 pm

Congrats Pittsburgh, what a well-played series. Hope to see you all again next year just the same way.

Pittsburgh is my favorite yankee major league city out of the ones that I have visited (and I've spent time in NY, Boston, Phila, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago, Detroit, Columbus, and Indianapolis). Steelers fans who visit us during the NFL season are great fans and seem like great people.

You all are always welcome in Nashvegas. Always.

Here's an interesting piece about our town by a nutty right wing, lo-info radio show host in our town. He does a decent job of talking about our civic pride. http://tennesseestar.com/2017/06/12/we- ... our-heart/

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:58 am

Penner wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
StCapps wrote:Gotta love Patty Hornqvist, king of the garbage. Great hand-eye there.
Mike Sullivan getting it done with that defense, what coaching.
Crosby with back to back Conn Smythe's, well deserved.
The Goaltending was most important of all when it comes to covering for that banged up D, can't argue that it was the defense that insulated the goalies this time, they really came through in the clutch, even that choke Fleury for the most part, before Murray rightfully took over.

Fleury will be in Vegas next season.
I think that they have been using Murray more and more than Fleury- for like two or three years.
Murray was still a rookie this year and is the only Goalie to win two Cups as a rookie. Murray only played a handful of games in 15-16 so he did not loose his rookie status. That being said Murray was declared the no. 1 goalie for the 16-17 season so Fleury's days have been numbered for a long time now. Fleury is a good goalie and deserves to start somewhere in the NHL, no matter how much StCapps hates him.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:00 am

SilverEagle wrote:Fleury is a good goalie and deserves to start somewhere in the NHL, no matter how much StCapps hates him.
I don't hate him, I just enjoy being right, Fleury is just a regular season goalie that's all, and an excellent one. Fleury has had two good playoff runs his entire career and he didn't even finish one of them. People give Fleury too much credit because they like his personality and want to see him win, I'm here to point out the reality of his career in the NHL playoffs, whether Fleury fans like it or not.

Vegas will draft him, now that he's moved his NTC, and then they'll trade him to some team who needs a goalie, a la Winnipeg or Calgary for draft picks and/or prospects. If Vegas for some reason didn't take Fleury that would be retarded, it's worth it for the trade value alone. The Jets or Flames could sure use a guy like Fleury.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:16 am

StCapps wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:Fleury is a good goalie and deserves to start somewhere in the NHL, no matter how much StCapps hates him.
I don't hate him, I just enjoy being right, Fleury is just a regular season goalie that's all, and an excellent one. Fleury has had two good playoff runs his entire career and he didn't even finish one of them. People give Fleury too much credit because they like his personality and want to see him win, I'm here to point out the reality of his career in the NHL playoffs, whether Fleury fans like it or not.

Vegas will draft him, now that he's moved his NTC, and then they'll trade him to some team who needs a goalie, a la Winnipeg or Calgary for draft picks and/or prospects. If Vegas for some reason didn't take Fleury that would be retarded, it's worth it for the trade value alone. The Jets or Flames could sure use a guy like Fleury.
Plus his salary will help Vegas reach the salary cap min, can't forget about that.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:22 pm

All call signs, all call signs, break, break, break... message traffic, prepare to copy...

Montreal has traded Mikhail Sergachev and a 2nd to Tampa Bay for Jonathan Drouin.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:23 pm

Drouin for Sergachev. Steve Yzerman is a genius, TB finally gets the D-man they were looking for.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:25 pm

I hear Duchene is going to Carolina too, deal isn't done yet, but many of the Avs beat writers seem pretty confident about it going down shortly.

Also, The Avs finally bought out Beachemin, hallelujah.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:33 pm

Blockbuster trade festival 2017;

Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:37 pm

Expansion Draft forcing teams hands, deals need to be made and the trade window closes Saturday. I hear Brodin is probably going to be dealt soon as well.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:48 pm

Sabres hire Phil Housley as their new head coach.
Nec Aspera Terrent