The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 07, 2018 8:29 pm

I will still probably play this to the end, but I don't see how I can possibly win now. It's really a fucked up thing to add to the game. I love the idea of a crisis, but this is stupid.

At least in CKII, you fucking know when the Mongols are going to come along, and a rough idea of where.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue May 08, 2018 6:41 am

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 08, 2018 6:52 am

Last night I had to take a break from getting completely wrecked by deus ex machina bullshit.

Started a new game with these guys:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue May 08, 2018 10:29 am

:lol:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 08, 2018 4:05 pm

Alright. Back home and winding down. It is time for the Dindu Dynasty to take to the stars and rob people.

Penner

Post by Penner » Tue May 08, 2018 7:06 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Last night I had to take a break from getting completely wrecked by deus ex machina bullshit.

Started a new game with these guys:

Wakana forever!

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu May 10, 2018 9:37 am

Remember Reddit's whining and "outrage" about the loot crates when Star Wars Battlefront II was launched?

Look at them crying now

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/

The entitlement of gamers has basically killed this game, as EA is not releasing the seasons as promised. Its really a microcosm of the millennial, consumption-side economy mindset.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu May 10, 2018 10:20 am

I am going to have to refine the Dindu Dynasty. I realized early on in that game, that the Dindus are meant for feudalism. I can just keep spinning off bandit fiefdoms while I uplift all the the little pre-space fairing species to become mini-Dindus, that then go out and create operational friction for everybody else.

I could pull the entire galaxy down in dysfunction and chaos while I quietly build up a few core worlds in a defensible position, relying on space habitats to grow my population beyond about five planets total. There would still be all these little vassal states out there too, so the over-all Dindu hegemony would expand forever.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu May 10, 2018 7:58 pm

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat May 12, 2018 7:58 pm

Okay. So there are these two pirate kingdoms that spawned in the game. They are not empires like the others, but actual pirate fleets out and about. One keeps messing with me, demanding tribute. I refuse and they send a huge fleet to wreck my shit. I do whittle their fleet down enough to the point where they just give up and start trying to find a way out of my empire. But I have that empire setup with only a few entry/exit points that are fortified. There was only one exit that didn't have that when I finally beat them down to less than half their fleet size when they showed up. I kept chasing them until they went to that one undefended exit point.

Thing is.. the other side of that exit point is a dimensional horror. They exited my empire and got consumed by this Lovecraftian creature that is consuming the star over there.

Am I not an effective space emperor?