Game of Thrones - mostly

StCapps

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by StCapps » Thu May 09, 2019 12:18 pm

BjornP wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:13 pm
I'd like to think that the connection to their dragons that the Targaryans and the other dragonlords that existed before the Valyrian nobility were all but decimated, fed their hunger for blood, destruction and conquest. As in, in the bonding with the dragon, they essentially warg the dragon and like they explain in the books with warging - the warg assumes parts of their preferred animal's behavior. In short, the Valyrians became world conquerors because dragons like to destroy, consume, and dominate. Eventually it would be transferred genetically, like the "warg" gene is passed on, so even if the Targaryans didn't have dragons for almost 200 years, they still had the genetic trait.

Or that's my theory, anyway. Given how my theory panned out last time, I'm not holding out much hope on this one being valid, either, though.
I like that theory, makes a lot of sense.
*yip*

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu May 09, 2019 3:10 pm

brewster wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:06 pm
Kath wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:03 pm
A self entitled woman who comes from in-breeding and a crazy father. She wants it, she feels entitled to it and she has the right amount of crazy to envelope herself in cognitive dissonance.
Too bad westeros isn't a democracy, she'd be a shoo in.
How many times do you have to be shown we dont want Hillary?

Jon Snow is a tall dark handsome multiple war hero with the lineage of a Kennedy and a Bush.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 09, 2019 3:32 pm

clubgop wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 3:10 pm
brewster wrote:
Kath wrote:
A self entitled woman who comes from in-breeding and a crazy father. She wants it, she feels entitled to it and she has the right amount of crazy to envelope herself in cognitive dissonance.

Jon Snow is a tall dark handsome multiple war hero with the lineage of a Kennedy and a Bush.
Jon Snow is short as fuck, Tormund knows.

Only candidates for the throne that make sense are Jon, Dany, Cersei or Tyrion, all other options would just be a twist ending for the sake of a twist ending, and would suck. Still plenty of ways to fuck it up even if they choose one of the four.
*yip*

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu May 09, 2019 4:15 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 3:32 pm
clubgop wrote:
brewster wrote:

Only candidates for the throne that make sense are Jon, Dany, Cersei or Tyrion, all other options would just be a twist ending for the sake of a twist ending, and would suck. Still plenty of ways to fuck it up even if they choose one of the four.
I am talking democracy, punky's submissive fetish fantasies dont play, no matter how much Kath wish it were.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 09, 2019 4:18 pm

clubgop wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 4:15 pm
StCapps wrote:
clubgop wrote:

I am talking democracy, punky's submissive fetish fantasies dont play, no matter how much Kath wish it were.
It's called Game of Thrones, instead of Game of Democracy for a reason.
*yip*

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu May 09, 2019 4:40 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 4:18 pm
clubgop wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 4:15 pm
StCapps wrote:

It's called Game of Thrones, instead of Game of Democracy for a reason.
Dude, you catch an STD from TC, we are riffing here.

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu May 09, 2019 6:35 pm

StCapps wrote:
I think Gendry would be pretty funny. A chip off the old block most likely, drinkin and whorin. Or how about the people rising up now that at least half the great houses are dead or ruled by children, and saying "you aristocrats suck, we want a Republic! Off with all your heads!", and tossing the Iron Throne into the Blackwater.

Christ, anything but the predictable ending we'll get. Surprise us you assholes, but in good way, not another stupid Euron ambush. That's why I wanted no survivors in the crypt. It would have fucked with EVERYONE!
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 09, 2019 7:50 pm

brewster wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:35 pm
StCapps wrote:
I think Gendry would be pretty funny. A chip off the old block most likely, drinkin and whorin. Or how about the people rising up now that at least half the great houses are dead or ruled by children, and saying "you aristocrats suck, we want a Republic! Off with all your heads!", and tossing the Iron Throne into the Blackwater.

Christ, anything but the predictable ending we'll get. Surprise us you assholes, but in good way, not another stupid Euron ambush. That's why I wanted no survivors in the crypt. It would have fucked with EVERYONE!
A funny ending is not a good ending, it's not a comedy. It's not Game of Republics either.
*yip*

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu May 09, 2019 8:11 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:50 pm
A funny ending is not a good ending, it's not a comedy. It's not Game of Republics either.
[/quote]
Eh, like I said, anything is better than what we're likely to get. It could be funny, in like a dark way. It's not too hard to picture Tyrion losing his shit and giving the Joe Pesci speech:

You mean, let me understand this ... cuz I ... maybe its me, maybe I'm a little fucked up maybe. I'm funny how, I mean funny, like I'm a clown? I amuse you. I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? Whattya you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny?

And then dispatching Cersei with an axe.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu May 09, 2019 10:20 pm

clubgop wrote:
brewster wrote:
Kath wrote:

Descended from bootleggers?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0