Game of Thrones - mostly

brewster

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by brewster » Wed May 08, 2019 9:31 am

clubgop wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:37 pm
Just because it's a good deal doesn't mean it isnt rent seeking, in fact that makes it more so.
Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed May 08, 2019 9:37 am

Kath wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:24 am
StCapps wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:10 pm
, unless you are embellishing your hate just to troll people.
This. He probably doesn't even hate it. He's been mostly only trolling this forum for quite some time, now. It's his version of comedy.
Ah, HD does occasionally tell his honest opinion about things. And it's all tales of deep black pits of misanthropic pessimisim served up with a slightly desperate, resigned sarcasm. I always like to think of HD as old diatribalist/Inquizitor...but with a sense of humor. :P
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed May 08, 2019 10:17 am

brewster wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:31 am
clubgop wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:37 pm
Just because it's a good deal doesn't mean it isnt rent seeking, in fact that makes it more so.
Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!
And also a huge supporter of Big government into just about every aspect of our lives. The biggest rent seekers the world has ever known. Laugh all you want, I am right and you know it. They contribute and build nothing and expect to get paid for it.

Kath

Post by Kath » Thu May 09, 2019 11:24 am

Interesting article that explains my point about Dany going mad since season 1 in more detail than I have.

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/ ... shadowing/
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu May 09, 2019 11:46 am

Kath wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:24 am
Interesting article that explains my point about Dany going mad since season 1 in more detail than I have.

The better question is why?

Inbreeding? The burdens of leadership? Not getting what she wants?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 09, 2019 11:55 am

clubgop wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:46 am
Kath wrote:

Deep seeded insecurity creating a self fulfilling prophecy.
*yip*

Kath

Post by Kath » Thu May 09, 2019 12:03 pm

clubgop wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:46 am
Kath wrote:

A self entitled woman who comes from in-breeding and a crazy father. She wants it, she feels entitled to it and she has the right amount of crazy to envelope herself in cognitive dissonance.

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu May 09, 2019 12:06 pm

Kath wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:03 pm
A self entitled woman who comes from in-breeding and a crazy father. She wants it, she feels entitled to it and she has the right amount of crazy to envelope herself in cognitive dissonance.
Too bad westeros isn't a democracy, she'd be a shoo in.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Thu May 09, 2019 12:13 pm

I'd like to think that the connection to their dragons that the Targaryans and the other dragonlords that existed before the Valyrian nobility were all but decimated, fed their hunger for blood, destruction and conquest. As in, in the bonding with the dragon, they essentially warg the dragon and like they explain in the books with warging - the warg assumes parts of their preferred animal's behavior. In short, the Valyrians became world conquerors because dragons like to destroy, consume, and dominate. Eventually it would be transferred genetically, like the "warg" gene is passed on, so even if the Targaryans didn't have dragons for almost 200 years, they still had the genetic trait.

Or that's my theory, anyway. Given how my theory panned out last time, I'm not holding out much hope on this one being valid, either, though.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Kath

Post by Kath » Thu May 09, 2019 12:16 pm

brewster wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:06 pm
Kath wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:03 pm
Too bad westeros isn't a democracy, she'd be a shoo in.
:lol:
BjornP wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:13 pm
I'd like to think that the connection to their dragons that the Targaryans and the other dragonlords that existed before the Valyrian nobility were all but decimated, fed their hunger for blood, destruction and conquest. As in, in the bonding with the dragon, they essentially warg the dragon and like they explain in the books with warging - the warg assumes parts of their preferred animal's behavior. In short, the Valyrians became world conquerors because dragons like to destroy, consume, and dominate. Eventually it would be transferred genetically, like the "warg" gene is passed on, so even if the Targaryans didn't have dragons for almost 200 years, they still had the genetic trait.

Or that's my theory, anyway. Given how my theory panned out last time, I'm not holding out much hope on this one being valid, either, though.
Nice and very plausible.