The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

TheReal_ND

Re: The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:58 pm

What?

Okeefenokee

Re: The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:16 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
MilSpecs wrote: If you think all is well in the U.S. for people with old parents who can't take care of themselves, you're delusional.
The destruction of the family is the cause, not money. Poor nations all over the world care for their elders without a single granny warehouse in sight.

Warehousing granny costs more than taking her into your home, so that argument wouldn't work even if money was the factor, which it isn't.

I've seen countless examples of poor people living multiple generations under the same roof. This is just people with more money than values making up excuses for why it should be someone else's problem.
Leaving your grandmother in a room to die might be your idea of elder care, but it's not mine. Poor nations can't do much for their elders. Do you think they're bringing the old people their medications and Ensure? Hooking them up to their respirators and checking their blood sugar? :lol:

If you want to cut years off your parents' lives it's your business (and unfortunately theirs) but keep that crap out of my country. Go live like the third world if you want to.
That's all horseshit.

You are fake news.

We just watched a man die while the people who were supposed to care for him laughed at him, and I've seen countless examples of families caring for their elders, my own included.

You're just degenerate.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:18 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

Incorrect. People actually lived pretty long. You are confusing the infant mortality and the rate at which women died in childbirth with how long people lived. If you made it through your twenties, you were likely to live pretty long time. Averages are not your friend in understanding this.
No, the average lifespan has gone up tremendously, and due to advances in medicine. People have always gotten diseases of age, but now those diseases don't kill them anywhere near as young. There's a ton of data out there to confirm this. You can even look up how long your own ancestors lived (those who didn't die in childbirth or as children) and compare them to your living elderly relatives now. You probably have relatives who are already, on average, much older. This is assuming your current elderly relatives have good health care (we've left that out of this debate entirely).

Again: remove the word average from the equation. The infant mortality rate has fallen. The mortality rate from child birth is now near-zero. Deaths from pandemics have been pretty stable for westerners since 1918. There has not been a major world war since 1945. Averaging all this shit into the human lifespan doesn't help us understand the issue. When you remove those things from the equation, people lived for a very long time. If you made it into your thirties, chances were high you would reach your eighties if not your nineties.
If you're having to explain why average lifespan doesn't mean people died of old age at forty...
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:26 pm

My family stays close to the elders still. Though we don't typically move them in, they stay in there home and family takes turns visiting them each day or evening. Maybe get a home nurse to come in.

And yeah, you guys are on the mark about infant mortality rate and average lifespan +1
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:31 pm

C-Mag wrote:My family stays close to the elders still. Though we don't typically move them in, they stay in there home and family takes turns visiting them each day or evening. Maybe get a home nurse to come in.

And yeah, you guys are on the mark about infant mortality rate and average lifespan +1
My wife's mom lives on her dad's property in an RV. She does odd jobs around the town she's always been independent. I like my wife's mom a lot and her grandparents too. My son always tries to guilt my wife into taking her to grandma's place. In an ideal world we would all be living in the same small town and looking after each other but such is the state of things, whatever.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:37 pm

I'm sure modern dentistry, beta blockers, heart surgery, and the rest, have had no effect on extending life.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:42 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
It's not semantics. It's "Give me $50,000 grand right now if you want your mother to live" or "Move heaven and earth and you might be able to keep your mom at home."
It's this sort of excuse making that keeps it going.

Fucking millions of families take care of their elders in their own homes just fine.

I know it. You know it.
It's not a lie, fuckstain. Most of the world doesn't have old folks homes. Never did. People like you who want excuses for neglecting your family members are a new creation.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:42 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:I'm sure modern dentistry, beta blockers, heart surgery, and the rest, have had no effect on extending life.
Most tooth issues really arise from sugar and tobacco anyway. Beta blockers? Do you mean natural food? Granted eating ground meal isn't great for your teeth though.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:42 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:When you remove those things from the equation, people lived for a very long time. If you made it into your thirties, chances were high you would reach your eighties if not your nineties.
Hey look, another know nothing fucktard who thinks people used to die of old age at forty.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:47 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:I'm sure modern dentistry, beta blockers, heart surgery, and the rest, have had no effect on extending life.
The only real life extensions have been in the 80 to 90 range. It's a far cry from 40 to 90. Seriously, if you don't understand the significance of infant mortality, and the reason why averages paint a very unrealistic picture, just bow the fuck out.