Fitness Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: Fitness Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:56 pm

I just wanted to have a virtual competition to compete at running and all I got were drunks talking about losing fingers like assholes.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:26 pm

Poor form on my part; as per the usual I'll own it. I totally overlooked the virtual running comment. How do you do that?

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:46 pm

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:53 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I just wanted to have a virtual competition to compete at running and all I got were drunks talking about losing fingers like assholes.
Set one up. I'm game.

I'm out of shape, but I'm willing to give it a go.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:55 pm

Fife wrote:Poor form on my part; as per the usual I'll own it. I totally overlooked the virtual running comment. How do you do that?

Two methods: (1) use the same fitness tracking apps and compete on the same platcorm, (2) use one of the virtual race platforms out there that are basically web apps you register for and upload you race results.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:57 pm

Fife wrote:
Kazmyr wrote:
Fife wrote:
Running is way, way down the list behind fishing and hoops. We haven't even gotten into trick fucking yet. I was saving that, but I see you are ready to jump right in (you may have to supply your own partner; we haven't met IRL and although I think Paris girls might work out fine for you, I can't make a guarantee).

:goteam: :drunk:
:lol:

If we're going straight to Olympic Trick Boning, are we going to be responsible for supplying our own hooch? I got the partner portion of the event covered, but she's gonna need some of the liquid A-game prior to tip-off.
Pas de souci! We'll find plenty of those kinds of resources over in Paris.

You do understand you are going to the Kentucky Lake Paris, right?

Wait... how do y'all have that many fish in Kentucky? I got stuck on the beach last night. High tide is super high right now and next thing I knew I woke up and my tires were getting bogged down. Had to dig my way out and some Mexicans showed up to help push me out.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:59 pm

Kazmyr wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I just wanted to have a virtual competition to compete at running and all I got were drunks talking about losing fingers like assholes.
Set one up. I'm game.

Dude, my run times suck ass. I am just hoping Apeman and California pass on the challenge because I doubt we can take them.

My 5k is like 28-29 minutes. I am not fast at all. I am planning to run a real race in March and want to get down below 8 min avg pace per mile on the 5k before then.

But if you guys realized where I was in terms of health about three years ago, you'd know it has been a long haul. I was basically bed-ridden.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:00 pm

The app I use is Endomondo. But that Zombie app looks like fun, to be honest.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:06 pm

lol 5k. Go fuck yourself. Ain't nobody got the calories for that.

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:15 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Kazmyr wrote:
Set one up. I'm game.

Dude, my run times suck ass. I am just hoping Apeman and California pass on the challenge because I doubt we can take them.

My 5k is like 28-29 minutes. I am not fast at all. I am planning to run a real race in March and want to get down below 8 min avg pace per mile on the 5k before then.

But if you guys realized where I was in terms of health about three years ago, you'd know it has been a long haul. I was basically bed-ridden.
Don't sweat it, man. I'm equally awful and have equally bad run times. I spent the past almost-two years completely neglecting fitness. So it's well past due for me to get my ass in gear.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.