Minecraft Thread

heydaralon

Re: Minecraft Thread

Post by heydaralon » Wed May 10, 2017 8:39 pm

de officiis wrote:Yes, I built all that stuff in creative mode. I'm in a lull right now, but I'll probably come back to it sometime.
very impressive dude.

I only build cool shit in creative too. I don't have the patience to build crazy stuff in survival with those creepers blowing holes in my shit every time the sun goes down.
Shikata ga nai

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed May 10, 2017 8:45 pm

heydaralon wrote:
de officiis wrote:Yes, I built all that stuff in creative mode. I'm in a lull right now, but I'll probably come back to it sometime.
very impressive dude.

I only build cool shit in creative too. I don't have the patience to build crazy stuff in survival with those creepers blowing holes in my shit every time the sun goes down.

When I am in survival mode I always want to do two things:

1. Build shelter to prevent fighting monsters that come out at night

2. Find and get food.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed May 10, 2017 8:48 pm

Penner wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
very impressive dude.

2. Find and get food.
Don't get me wrong. I love survival, finding caves, gathering food, spelunking in ravines. That is a totally valid way to play. But when I'm trying to build a cathedral or castle, I do that in creative. You can't fly in survival and it takes forever to build and gather resources which makes it prohibitive for building crazy structures.
Shikata ga nai

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed May 10, 2017 8:52 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Penner wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
very impressive dude.

2. Find and get food.
Don't get me wrong. I love survival, finding caves, gathering food, spelunking in ravines. That is a totally valid way to play. But when I'm trying to build a cathedral or castle, I do that in creative. You can't fly in survival and it takes forever to build and gather resources which makes it prohibitive for building crazy structures.

True but I do like to build at least my version of a modest Minecraft house in survival mode. In my opinion, it makes things a bit interesting and also gives me a sense of achievement- like I did something. I also like to have a farm/ranch as well.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed May 10, 2017 8:57 pm

Penner wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Penner wrote:

2. Find and get food.

True but I do like to build at least my version of a modest Minecraft house in survival mode. In my opinion, it makes things a bit interesting and also gives me a sense of achievement- like I did something. I also like to have a farm/ranch as well.
I know what you mean. Whenever I build a cool structure in creative. I don't put anything in it. Then, when I set it to survival, I immediately go out and cut down a tree and kill a couple of sheep, so I can make a bed, crafting table, chests, and torches.Its all cake from there. Aside from the building, my favorite part of the game is exploring vast caves. Sometimes I keep expanding my tunnels deeper and further down until I come upon a cave. That is oddly satisfying also. Do you ever experiment with the various texture packs?
Shikata ga nai

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Thu May 11, 2017 5:32 am

The first castle I built was in the standard mode where I had to mine all of the stone and wood and use the furnace, etc. It took forever. Eventually I learned of the creative mode and that was the end of that. My son, OTOH, always loved playing it in the standard mode where you had to fight monsters.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu May 11, 2017 6:26 am

kybkh wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Make a swastika or something cool.
He could make a city off the model for Berlin Hitler had Speer make.
Already been done.
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/nazi-berlin/

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu May 11, 2017 6:29 am

You have to build monster traps to mine them for materials. You can make a large area safe in time.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri May 26, 2017 9:06 am

I built a fucking castle that connects to a temple and lighthouse. It owns.
Shikata ga nai

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:40 pm