The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Penner

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by Penner » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:55 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Penner wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Here is the lander mounted upside down on top of the transit vehicle.

I am not sure if that will give me the delta v I need to get to Moho and back, though.

Transit vehicle has it's own probe core and power. I forgot to add some monopropellant tanks, but it's pretty much ready for the heavy lifter to go on underneath.

The four external tanks on the lander will be jettisoned on the burn from the surface of Moho back to the transit vehicle to shave off some mass.
What game is that from?

Kerbal Space Program

It's very addictive. I warn you now.

*If* I can get this thing to the planet Moho, I will post pics of the various stages of the mission I have planned and how this design works. Moho is roughly analogous to Mercury if Mercury orbited at a crazy angle. It surely will take a lot of delta v to get there from the planet Kerbin. Getting back will be a mess. I have gone to the planet Eve before, so going down towards the star Kerbol is not alien to me. It's just expensive to go down there. I guess that's why NASA and preferred to go to Mars and the outer planets.
Thanks I will look into it while I go Steam shopping.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:29 pm

Penner wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Here is the lander mounted upside down on top of the transit vehicle.

I am not sure if that will give me the delta v I need to get to Moho and back, though.

Transit vehicle has it's own probe core and power. I forgot to add some monopropellant tanks, but it's pretty much ready for the heavy lifter to go on underneath.

The four external tanks on the lander will be jettisoned on the burn from the surface of Moho back to the transit vehicle to shave off some mass.
What game is that from?
Recommended as well.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:39 pm

I am breaking this up into two launches. I will launch the lander a second time, rendezvous with the transit vehicle, dock, and then burn for Moho. I realized I also want to bring a relay satellite and possibly a rover to drop somewhere else on the planet. Might as well put all this together in orbit to save money. Still could need a third launch for to top the tanks off.

Also realized I needed to cover my transit vehicle and lander with radiator panels. It's probably hot as fuck down there in Moho's orbit, especially with those twin nuclear engines burning.

I am going to redesign the transit vehicle to be piloted. This way I can bring an engineer to fix problems that come up on the way. That leaves me with one pilot to land the thing, and a scientist to max out my science collection.

I establish orbit. Deploy the relay sat into an eccentric orbit. Expand my network there for future unmanned missions. Undock the lander and burn down to the surface. Collect my science data. If there is enough fuel, burn over to an adjacent biome to collect more data. Get back up to orbit to rendezvous and dock with the transit vehicle. On the way up I jettison those external tanks. Once docked, I transfer the remainder of the fuel from the lander's main tank into the transit vehicle's tank. Decouple the main tank to save even more space.

The main problem I have here is that I have three kerbals and only one capsule that gets back to the surface of Kerbin. Might need to add a hitchiker container to the lander, but that kind of sucks for weight.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Penner

Post by Penner » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:41 pm

Has anyone ever played Crusader Kings and is it good?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:45 pm

Penner wrote:Has anyone ever played Crusader Kings and is it good?

It's completely awesome.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:02 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I am breaking this up into two launches. I will launch the lander a second time, rendezvous with the transit vehicle, dock, and then burn for Moho. I realized I also want to bring a relay satellite and possibly a rover to drop somewhere else on the planet. Might as well put all this together in orbit to save money. Still could need a third launch for to top the tanks off.

Also realized I needed to cover my transit vehicle and lander with radiator panels. It's probably hot as fuck down there in Moho's orbit, especially with those twin nuclear engines burning.

I am going to redesign the transit vehicle to be piloted. This way I can bring an engineer to fix problems that come up on the way. That leaves me with one pilot to land the thing, and a scientist to max out my science collection.

I establish orbit. Deploy the relay sat into an eccentric orbit. Expand my network there for future unmanned missions. Undock the lander and burn down to the surface. Collect my science data. If there is enough fuel, burn over to an adjacent biome to collect more data. Get back up to orbit to rendezvous and dock with the transit vehicle. On the way up I jettison those external tanks. Once docked, I transfer the remainder of the fuel from the lander's main tank into the transit vehicle's tank. Decouple the main tank to save even more space.

The main problem I have here is that I have three kerbals and only one capsule that gets back to the surface of Kerbin. Might need to add a hitchiker container to the lander, but that kind of sucks for weight.
Don't forget a docking port for emergency refueling. ;)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:04 pm

Penner wrote:Has anyone ever played Crusader Kings and is it good?
I enjoy it, but I'm much more into Paradox's flagship game Europa Universalis IV.

CK is all about managing personal relationships in your court. Intrigue, murder, marriage, etc.

EU4 is more about managing the empire through warfare and governmental adjustments.

Both are great, depending on what style you prefer. CK2 takes place in the Middle Ages, while EU4 is in the Renaissance period until Napoleon.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:05 pm

Happy holidays. Steam is down. We don’t know why. Could it be back up by the time this post goes live? Absolutely. But for now, rest assured that A) it’s not just you and B) Half-Life 3 is never coming out.

As we all wait for Valve to get their servers back up so we can spend more money on PC games we’ll never play, let us remember that we’re nearly at the one-year anniversary of the Steam Winter Fail.
:cry:

http://kotaku.com/steam-is-down-1790445902

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:57 pm

Star Citizen 2.6 came out today. Just finished downloading. About to hit launch.

Peace.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:04 am

Wew, lads. All the controls have changed, and I haven't looked them up, but that was fun.