NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Tue May 30, 2017 7:33 am

SilverEagle wrote:What's the matter StCapps? Calls are made and calls are missed. It's hockey and it happens....You told me that after the Pens had a goal called back last series, or does that not count? I mean it seems like the same situation!
Right and you only act outraged only when it happens to your team. Bad calls are part of the game, that doesn't make them cool or that they should pile up to the point where the refs are swinging the game by a two goal margin in the first period with that incompetence. If your team benefits from reffing shenanigans then you don't care, but if they don't then you go apeshit.

The video review for offside and goalie interference is totally broken, it's like they try to get the wrong call every time. That shit needs to be fixed asap, it's been a complete disaster in these playoffs.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue May 30, 2017 7:56 am

StCapps wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:What's the matter StCapps? Calls are made and calls are missed. It's hockey and it happens....You told me that after the Pens had a goal called back last series, or does that not count? I mean it seems like the same situation!
Right and you only act outraged only when it happens to your team. Bad calls are part of the game, that doesn't make them cool or that they should pile up to the point where the refs are swinging the game by a two goal margin in the first period with that incompetence. If your team benefits from reffing shenanigans then you don't care, but if they don't then you go apeshit.

The video review for offside and goalie interference is totally broken, it's like they try to get the wrong call every time. That shit needs to be fixed asap, it's been a complete disaster in these playoffs.
It was the right call. His right skate was clearly off the Ice before the puck crossed the blue line. Not sure why you're so bent out of shape over this. I mean the Pens goal called back on the reply for goaltender interference was iffy at best. This off-sides was cut and dry.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 30, 2017 8:44 am

SilverEagle wrote:It was the right call. His right skate was clearly off the Ice before the puck crossed the blue line. Not sure why you're so bent out of shape over this. I mean the Pens goal called back on the reply for goaltender interference was iffy at best. This off-sides was cut and dry.
No, it's only cut and dry to Pens fans.

That is not offside, that's Dez Bryant horseshit is what that is. Half a mm off the ice, the only way you can see it is in HD? Video replay can fuck right off, they are out to get it wrong and overturn correct calls, and it's been happening all playoffs to many different teams. Fuck this noise, the NHL's offside and goalie interference rules are trash and the ref have no idea how to call them correctly, especially when they get a video review to look at and the War Room in Toronto gets involved, then it's guaranteed they are going to fuck up the call.

Offside and Goalie Interference should not be challengable, what a stupid idea that rule change was. This is the like the foot in the crease no goal bullshit from back in the day with the extra wide crease, it's ruining the playoffs. The only question is: Will it take the Stanley Cup being decided by a offside or goalie interference challenge and them getting it wrong before they'll change this nonsense?

I can see it now, Game 7 OT, they call offside or goalie interference, it is offside or goalie interference, the other team challenges it anyway, the refs overturn the call and declare them Stanley Cup Champs. Feels like 1999 all over again, and that's not a good thing. Just ask the Buffalo Sabres.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue May 30, 2017 9:09 am

StCapps wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:It was the right call. His right skate was clearly off the Ice before the puck crossed the blue line. Not sure why you're so bent out of shape over this. I mean the Pens goal called back on the reply for goaltender interference was iffy at best. This off-sides was cut and dry.
No, it's only cut and dry to Pens fans.

That is not offside, that's Dez Bryant horseshit is what that is. Half a mm off the ice, the only way you can see it is in HD? Video replay can fuck right off, they are out to get it wrong and overturn correct calls, and it's been happening all playoffs to many different teams. Fuck this noise, the NHL's offside and goalie interference rules are trash and the ref have no idea how to call them correctly, especially when they get a video review to look at and the War Room in Toronto gets involved, then it's guaranteed they are going to fuck up the call.

Offside and Goalie Interference should not be challengable, what a stupid idea that rule change was. This is the like the foot in the crease no goal bullshit from back in the day with the extra wide crease, it's ruining the playoffs. The only question is: Will it take the Stanley Cup being decided by a offside or goalie interference challenge and them getting it wrong before they'll change this nonsense?

I can see it now, Game 7 OT, they call offside or goalie interference, it is offside or goalie interference, the other team challenges it anyway, the refs overturn the call and declare them Stanley Cup Champs. Feels like 1999 all over again, and that's not a good thing. Just ask the Buffalo Sabres.
#butthurt

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 30, 2017 9:11 am

#Fuck1999
#BrettHullKnows
#FootInCrease
#NeverLearn
#EverythingOldIsNewAgain
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:21 am

SilverEagle wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Penner wrote:Oh, for some reason I thought that it was some kind of hoodoo thing.
The catfish is the Nashville version of the Detroit Red Wings octopus.
Yeah but the octopus has greater meaning, no? The octopus is to represent the original 8 teams, or so I thought.
That's not the legend, no. Used to be only two rounds in the playoffs; eight wins to win the cup.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue May 30, 2017 10:32 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote: The catfish is the Nashville version of the Detroit Red Wings octopus.
Yeah but the octopus has greater meaning, no? The octopus is to represent the original 8 teams, or so I thought.
That's not the legend, no. Used to be only two rounds in the playoffs; eight wins to win the cup.
ah that's what it is. I stand corrected.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 30, 2017 10:47 am

Original Six, not eight. Lulz.
The Preds catfish is a direct reaction on the part of Preds fans to the Red Wings octupus, back when they were rivals before they switched conferences.
*yip*

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue May 30, 2017 10:55 am

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue May 30, 2017 12:53 pm

Pens in 6

Pens played like shit and still beat the Preds. This was a wake up game for the Pens. I expect 30 shots on goal for the Pens in game 2.