The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:11 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Currently an officially supported multiplayer mode is not available. Developers have indicated a willingness to develop multiplayer beginning in 2014, and to complete development after the core single player game is released. However, prior to the "Proof of Concept" multiplayer presented by the KMP alpha, forum threads regarding multiplayer were commonly locked (marked "inaccessible").

The most advanced solution is the community-developed Dark Multi Player (Forum Thread), or DMP, a multiplayer plugin developed by forum user godarklight, and is available in alpha. It based on Kerbal Multi Player which isn't developed actively anymore.

This page is a catalog of all ideas for multiplayer which people have come up with on the forums, some of which have been implemented successfully. It appears after much discussion that solutions center around 5 general categories of solutions:

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Multiplayer
KSP doesn't need multiplayer - and probably wouldn't be enjoyable with it. You need to buy a copy, trust me.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:18 pm

It's going to be a very limited game to support multiplayer in an n-body simulation. It already takes a lot of cycles just to run through all the math in real time.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:22 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Currently an officially supported multiplayer mode is not available. Developers have indicated a willingness to develop multiplayer beginning in 2014, and to complete development after the core single player game is released. However, prior to the "Proof of Concept" multiplayer presented by the KMP alpha, forum threads regarding multiplayer were commonly locked (marked "inaccessible").

The most advanced solution is the community-developed Dark Multi Player (Forum Thread), or DMP, a multiplayer plugin developed by forum user godarklight, and is available in alpha. It based on Kerbal Multi Player which isn't developed actively anymore.

This page is a catalog of all ideas for multiplayer which people have come up with on the forums, some of which have been implemented successfully. It appears after much discussion that solutions center around 5 general categories of solutions:

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Multiplayer
KSP doesn't need multiplayer - and probably wouldn't be enjoyable with it. You need to buy a copy, trust me.
Did you stop taking your fish oil, too?!

Holy smokes. Everyone here is developing dementia.

I bought KSP in August, 2014, after the developers said in December, 2013 that the official release would have multiplayer.

The official release was in April, 2015, and it had no multiplayer. It's been almost three years since then, and still no multiplayer.

But, there is this one space game that does have multiplayer.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:22 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:It's going to be a very limited game to support multiplayer in an n-body simulation. It already takes a lot of cycles just to run through all the math in real time.
Modders have done it multiple times. Find another excuse.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:28 pm

Done by modders in 2014,

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:33 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

I bought KSP in August, 2014, after the developers said in December, 2013 that the official release would have multiplayer.

The official release was in April, 2015, and it had no multiplayer. It's been almost three years since then, and still no multiplayer.

Meh. You're one of a dozen people that care.

The problem isn't that they 'didn't want to', it's that there's no good way to implement it into this game. If you just want to crash stuff together, the modders already did it.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:37 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

The problem isn't that they 'didn't want to', it's that there's no good way to implement it into this game. If you just want to crash stuff together, the modders already did it.
You didn't even know it existed five minutes ago, and now you're gonna tell me you know why they didn't develop it.

:lol:

Tell me another.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:39 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

You didn't even know it existed five minutes ago, and now you're gonna tell me you know why they didn't develop it.

:lol:

Tell me another.
I've been on the Kerbal forums for 5 years, slick. I debated multiplayer ad nauseum, years ago.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:41 pm

You talking about it with fanboys =/= unfilled promises made by the devs, or their excuses for it.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:43 pm

You grown-ass video game bros are ruthless. Give us normies a trigger warning, mayhaps?