What show are you watching right now?

K@th

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by K@th » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:04 am

StCapps wrote:
Kath wrote:Watched 2 episodes of Black Mirror this weekend. Can't wait to see more. Finally at a place where we can catch up on some good television we've been missing.
USS Callister FTW! Black Mirror really stepped it's game up this season.
First one we watched. It started out slow, but when it picked up... damn. We were stoked to find out there were four seasons, until we realized there's only 3-4 episodes per season. lol.
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:10 am

Kath wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Kath wrote:Watched 2 episodes of Black Mirror this weekend. Can't wait to see more. Finally at a place where we can catch up on some good television we've been missing.
USS Callister FTW! Black Mirror really stepped it's game up this season.
First one we watched. It started out slow, but when it picked up... damn. We were stoked to find out there were four seasons, until we realized there's only 3-4 episodes per season. lol.
The good thing about Black Mirror is, you don't have to watch them in any particular order, episode anthology series ftw.
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:20 am

StCapps wrote: The good thing about Black Mirror is, you don't have to watch them in any particular order, episode anthology series ftw.
Modern version of Tales from the Dark Side. Love it.
Account abandoned.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:23 am

If you are fans of Charlie Brooker and Black Mirror try some of his comedy output...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:04 pm

Black Mirror is good sometimes, but I feel like its kind of pseudo intellectual a lot. Its not as clever as it thinks it is.
Shikata ga nai

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:09 pm

So, did anyone watch Cloverfield 3 on Netflix? I personally didn't really enjoyed it and I feel that it was the weakest out of the Cloverfield movies. Like, the whole plot wasn't something that I expected from a monster film franchise and I felt underwhelmed.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:15 pm

heydaralon wrote:Black Mirror is good sometimes, but I feel like its kind of pseudo intellectual a lot. Its not as clever as it thinks it is.
It's quite inconsistent, very hit or miss, when it's at it's worst, that is certainly true. When it's at it's best, that is a lot less the case, shocking, I know, lulz.

White Christmas, USS Callister, Fifteen Million Merits and San Junipero, those are sweet episodes of television right there.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:29 pm

StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Black Mirror is good sometimes, but I feel like its kind of pseudo intellectual a lot. Its not as clever as it thinks it is.
It's quite inconsistent, very hit or miss, when it's at it's worst, that is certainly true. When it's at it's best, that is a lot less the case, shocking, I know, lulz.

White Christmas, USS Callister, Fifteen Million Merits and San Junipero, those are sweet episodes of television right there.
I think the best one was the one with John Hamm (don draper) from Mad Men. There were 2 other eps I really liked. For a few, I rolled my eyes.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:47 pm

heydaralon wrote:I think the best one was the one with John Hamm (don draper) from Mad Men. There were 2 other eps I really liked. For a few, I rolled my eyes.
The Jon Hamm one is White Christmas, but yeah the show is hit or miss, this season was more consistent than previous seasons by a notable margin though, will say that, lower percentage of misses this six episode stretch. What were the other two you really liked? Did you the Star Trek spoof, USS Callister, that was my personal favorite, that and White Christmas.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:54 pm

StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:I think the best one was the one with John Hamm (don draper) from Mad Men. There were 2 other eps I really liked. For a few, I rolled my eyes.
The Jon Hamm one is White Christmas, but yeah the show is hit or miss, this season was more consistent than previous seasons by a notable margin though, will say that, lower percentage of misses this six episode stretch. What were the other two you really liked? Did you the Star Trek spoof, USS Callister, that was my personal favorite, that and White Christmas.
The one where obese people were treated like second class citizens, and people rode treadmills to earn points was pretty entertaining. I liked the entire history of you as well. The Waldo one was pretty goddamn dumb, as was the lesbian 80's virtual reality retirement home, and the prime minister fucking a pig. Never saw the star trek spoof.
Shikata ga nai