Political Parenting: Greta Thurnberg edition

Your teenage child is bullied for their political views which mimick your own. You are:

Proud and encourage them
43%
Horrified that they have been exposed to propaganda.
57%

Total votes: 7

StCapps

Re: Political Parenting: Greta Thurnberg edition

Post by StCapps » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:23 am

BjornP wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:22 am
:lol: :lol: B-list celebs as "political enemies" worth getting into Twitter spats over where you best insult amounts to: "Well, I’m more popular than you". No shit, presidents of the US do tend to be more popular than B-list celebs. Treating noname actors as equals, as fellow lions, when you're a millionaire president of the US. Guy's got skin the thickness of water vapor.
They insulted him in public. If they do that then they are going to get got. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house, and if you are going to throw stones from a glass house, don't bitch when someone throws a stone back. Just because Trump is POTUS doesn't mean he's going to let famous people publicly chirp him without chirping back, you demand unilateral disarmament of the side being attacked, that's for pussies. Turnabout is fair play, stop your silly virtue signalling about the office of the President being above that.

That shouldn't annoy you, that should make you laugh and delight in the schadenfreude. You are taking politicians way too seriously, sit back and enjoy the show.
*yip*

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:36 am

StCapps wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:23 am
BjornP wrote:
:lol: :lol: B-list celebs as "political enemies" worth getting into Twitter spats over where you best insult amounts to: "Well, I’m more popular than you". No shit, presidents of the US do tend to be more popular than B-list celebs. Treating noname actors as equals, as fellow lions, when you're a millionaire president of the US. Guy's got skin the thickness of water vapor.
They insulted him in public. If they do that then they are going to get got. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house, and if you are going to throw stones from a glass house, don't bitch when someone throws a stone back.

That shouldn't annoy you, that should make you laugh and delight in the schadenfreude. You are taking politicians way too seriously, sit back and enjoy the show.
Millions of people over the nearly two and a half centuries worth of the US republic have insulted or mocked the president in public, in bars, in newspapers, at parties, whatever. You think those presidents came running down to the bars every time Rory the Roaring Drunk cursed the president to the amusement of the rest of the bar's guests? :doh: He spends most of his time being offended.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:38 am

BjornP wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:36 am
StCapps wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:23 am
BjornP wrote:
They insulted him in public. If they do that then they are going to get got. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house, and if you are going to throw stones from a glass house, don't bitch when someone throws a stone back.

Millions of people over the nearly two and a half centuries worth of the US republic have insulted or mocked the president in public, in bars, in newspapers, at parties, whatever. You think those presidents came running down to the bars every time Rory the Roaring Drunk cursed the president to the amusement of the rest of the bar's guests? :doh: He spends most of his time being offended.
Trump is attacking famous people who attacked him first, or people who attacked him publicly given the platform by other famous people. He is not attacking Rory the Roaring Drunk, he is attacking his political enemies who publicly attacked him and who are getting media attention for doing so.

Turnabout is fair play, if you willing get in the political cage match and side against Trump, and you have enough profile for Trump or the media to notice, you are getting hit back, you aren't getting in a free shot, so plan accordingly.

It's a feature, not a bug.
*yip*

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:47 am

And they call me an egalitarian... I am practically a Social Darwinist next to you when it comes to seeing people as lessers or equals. We are going round in circles, my reply would just repeating the same point and my bus is arriving at work in half an hour - and I'd rather spend that time listening to some Manowar. But despite you being both annoying and wrong, Capps, you have a pleasant evening (?). Later.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:00 am

BjornP wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:36 am
Most Presidents are like that, Trump is just public about it.

Obama was a vindictive egomaniac, he just had his proxies do his attacking for him.

The Cheney Bushies were vindictive, the Clintons were crazy vindictive.

George H W Bush was a genuinely nice guy, he was not vindictive. Reagan not neither.

Jimmy Carter was a crazy tyrant who blew himself up with the Malaise Speech.

Nixon was Trump on steroids, Nixon invented the Enemies List.

Lyndon Johnson was literally a thug, he had Hoover get people for him.

JFK wasn't vindictive, but he was two faced.

Eisenhower wasn't vindictive, tho he constantly complained.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:02 am

If you want to step into a political cage match against the President, and come crying about him daring to counterpunch you, I will simply laugh in your face about how you can't take what you dish out.

People with glass jaws shouldn't be getting in cage matches against the Teflon Don, who knew? Schadenfreude FTW.

Fuck em' up Trump, please do. Vindictive POTUS FTW
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:06 am

StCapps wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:02 am
If you want to step into a political cage match against the President, and come crying about him daring to counterpunch you, I will simply laugh in your face about how you can't take what you dish out. People with glass jaws shouldn't be getting in cage matches, too bad so sad, schadenfreude ftw.

Fuck em' up Trump, please do.
Trump is simply Nixonian, as is his buddy Roger Stone.

This is what Nixonian looks like.

It's like listen to the Nixon tapes

Nixon ranting and raving about anybody who he thought slighted him and plotting to retaliate somehow.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:08 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:06 am
StCapps wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:02 am
If you want to step into a political cage match against the President, and come crying about him daring to counterpunch you, I will simply laugh in your face about how you can't take what you dish out. People with glass jaws shouldn't be getting in cage matches, too bad so sad, schadenfreude ftw.

Fuck em' up Trump, please do.
Trump is simply Nixonian, as is his buddy Roger Stone.

This is what Nixonian looks like.

It's like listen to the Nixon tapes

Nixon ranting and raving about anybody who he thought slighted him and plotting to retaliate somehow.
Nixonian FTW. Being a pussy who is too scarred to retaliate against his political enemies, for publicly insulting him, is just boring.

Bring on the political food fight, I say. Turnabout is fair play.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:11 am

StCapps wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:08 am
Nixonian FTW. Being a pussy who is too scarred to retaliate against his political enemies is just boring. Bring on the political food fight, I say.
I'm going to concur with the diagnosis of TDS

Trump is very American, in your face, Europeans don't like it, Brits don't like it, Canadians don't like it, etc

Europeans and Britons are passive aggressive, being openly aggressive is frowned upon, America is the opposite.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:31 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:11 am
StCapps wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:08 am
Nixonian FTW. Being a pussy who is too scarred to retaliate against his political enemies is just boring. Bring on the political food fight, I say.
I'm going to concur with the diagnosis of TDS

Trump is very American, in your face, Europeans don't like it, Brits don't like it, Canadians don't like it, etc

Europeans and Britons are passive aggressive, being openly aggressive is frowned upon, America is the opposite.
It's a downright womanly attitude.

Talk nice to your face and shit behind you back, that's conniving pussy shit.
Talk shit to your face and nice behind your back, that's what a man does.

Fuck Euro Pussy Faggots and the passive aggression they rode in on.
*yip*