The Fucking Thatcher Thread

Montegriffo

Re: The Fucking Thatcher Thread

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:37 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Why does the left have such a soft spot for jihadis and IRA?
Oh fuck off.
You were spitting feathers when a tubby prankster was killed by your police last week. I can detest the IRA and be disgusted by state sponsored executions at the same time.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:39 pm

Persuant; a quick perusal of the data will show, that the vast majority of deaths in the Northern Ireland war, particularly civilians, occurred before Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister, and you can see that the death toll dropped precipitously and markedly, upon and during Margaret Thatcher's tenure.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:42 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Let's review, shall we?

Military necessity *check* ; threat was paramilitary remotely detonated bomb, imminent, police handed off to military, formally.

Collaterally mitigated *check* ; the unit chosen to engage was 22 SAS CRW to minimize chances of collateral damage.

Precisely targeted *check* ; only the enemy targets were killed, no one else was harmed.

Proportionate *check* ; 9x19mm handgun at close range.

Good kill. Bravo Zulu.
Except no bombs were found. No remote controllers were on the bodies and to quote the recently departed Christine Keeler "he would say that wouldn't he"
Irrelevant, they operate on the intelligence that they have, the threat was plausible enough based on the activities of this PIRA cell, for the police to stand down and hand off to the military, at which point, the military takes no chances, and in this case, they operated entirely within the confines of national and international law and the laws of armed conflict, and were exonerated for their actions in a subsequent judicial inquiry.

The military prioritizes the safety of the public over the safety of the terrorists, the SAS ordered them to surrender, instead they reached for it, one going into his pocket, another reaching for her bag, so they shot them, in case they were going for the remote detonator which they were rightly suspected of possessing.

Once it is handed off to the military, that's war measures, the military is not bound to make arrests, and they are only bound to take organized surrenders, upon contact with the enemy, if the enemy does not throw their hands up in surrender on the spot, be that an Argie on the Falkland Islands, or the IRA in Gibraltar, they are fair game as a result.

It wasn't innocent people, it wasn't non combatants, these were known and precisely targeted enemy combatants, waging war of their own free will, openly declaring that they were doing so.

They were given their opportunity to surrender, they declined to take it; good kill, bravo zulu.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:06 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Persuant; a quick perusal of the data will show, that the vast majority of deaths in the Northern Ireland war, particularly civilians, occurred before Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister, and you can see that the death toll dropped precipitously and markedly, upon and during Margaret Thatcher's tenure.

How about IRA attacks on the mainland? Have you got figures for that because it seems Maggie's crackdown increased those. I'll look it up later when I get time.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:14 pm

Was searching for stats on whether IRA attacks went up or down under Thatcher, but instead found this piece from the Independent calling her a terrorist sympathizer:

Tories have forgotten that Thatcher wasn't just a terrorist sympathiser, but close friends with one1
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 07850.html

:think:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:18 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Persuant; a quick perusal of the data will show, that the vast majority of deaths in the Northern Ireland war, particularly civilians, occurred before Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister, and you can see that the death toll dropped precipitously and markedly, upon and during Margaret Thatcher's tenure.

How about IRA attacks on the mainland? Have you got figures for that because it seems Maggie's crackdown increased those. I'll look it up later when I get time.
The total number of people killed on the mainland, on Margaret Thatcher's watch, was 37 over 12 years, the majority of those, British soldiers and police rather than civilians, so I don't think it will make much difference even if that is not included on the list, the vast majority of people killed in the war, were killed before Thatcher, under Thatcher, the situation was in hand, before Thatcher, the IRA was running amok, and the British government, was flailing in the face of it.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:30 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

The total number of people killed on the mainland, on Margaret Thatcher's watch, was 37 over 12 years, so I don't think it will make much difference even if that is not included on the list, the vast majority of people killed in the war, were killed before Thatcher, under Thatcher, the situation was in hand, before Thatcher, the IRA was running amok.
More points for Thatcher. Still waiting on valid criticisms for monte, but I'm willing to bet that those who like Thatcher are better at criticizing her than monte is, just like those who don't hate on Trump are better at criticizing Trump than those who do hate on Trump, same-same.

Trump Haters and Thatcher Haters tend to suck at picking their battles with either of those individuals, they almost always bring shitty arguments to table, and then they wonder why I call them out for it, lulz.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:34 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote: How about IRA attacks on the mainland? Have you got figures for that because it seems Maggie's crackdown increased those. I'll look it up later when I get time.
The total number of people killed on the mainland, on Margaret Thatcher's watch, was 37 over 12 years, so I don't think it will make much difference even if that is not included on the list, the vast majority of people killed in the war, were killed before Thatcher, under Thatcher, the situation was in hand, before Thatcher, the IRA was running amok.
More points for Thatcher. Still waiting on valid criticisms for monte, but I'm willing to bet that those who like Thatcher are better at criticizing her than monte is, just like those who don't hate on Trump are better at criticizing Trump than those who do hate on Trump, same-same.

Trump Haters and Thatcher Haters tend to suck at picking their battles with either of those individuals, they almost always bring shitty arguments to table, and then they wonder why I call them out for it, lulz.
As with all the leftist enemy sympathizers in Britain, he's got nothing, just some prattle about the government not handing out free milk, which, as any reasonable person would understand, is not the role of government at all.

Even in the Communist Soviet Union, they didn't hand out free milk, when you got to head of the the que, if there was any milk left, they still had to hand over some rubles to pay for it.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:38 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

As with all the leftist enemy sympathizers in Britain, he's got nothing, just some prattle about the government not handing out free milk, which, as any reasonable person would understand, is not the role of government at all.
I bet you have the best criticisms of Thatcher of us all Smitty, and you're probably her biggest fan on this forum. The opposition sure leaves a lot to be desired, that's for sure.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:40 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:More points for Thatcher. Still waiting on valid criticisms for monte, but I'm willing to bet that those who like Thatcher are better at criticizing her than monte is, just like those who don't hate on Trump are better at criticizing Trump than those who do hate on Trump, same-same.

I bet you have the best criticisms of Thatcher of us all Smitty, and you're probably her biggest fan on this forum.
Well I could criticize Thatcher for all sorts of things, but I judge her on the aggregate, in context, against her peers, not against some perfect standard which no human being could ever attain.
Nec Aspera Terrent