The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:36 am

LMAO I always try to play 'nice', but things get weird, out on the frontier...
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:41 am

I can't get into StarMade at all.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:05 pm

Back to KSP..

The changes are really interesting now, especially for longterm missions to places like Jool system. You don't need to haul out large ships anymore, because you can mine asteroids for fuel. And because the mobile lab takes time to process science anyway, you can have an engineer and a pilot scout out nearby asteroids, intercept them, and mine them for fuel to bring back to your ship in orbit about Jool. Meanwhile, you can send a pilot to put a lander on all the moons, collecting samples and data for the scientists to study in the mobile lab. When you are done (you probably will easily fill up the tech tree from only a few moons by the time you have the tech unlocked to get to Jool and do this), you can bring everybody home in a bare-bones ship. No huge fuel costs at all.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:23 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Back to KSP..

The changes are really interesting now, especially for longterm missions to places like Jool system. You don't need to haul out large ships anymore, because you can mine asteroids for fuel. And because the mobile lab takes time to process science anyway, you can have an engineer and a pilot scout out nearby asteroids, intercept them, and mine them for fuel to bring back to your ship in orbit about Jool. Meanwhile, you can send a pilot to put a lander on all the moons, collecting samples and data for the scientists to study in the mobile lab. When you are done (you probably will easily fill up the tech tree from only a few moons by the time you have the tech unlocked to get to Jool and do this), you can bring everybody home in a bare-bones ship. No huge fuel costs at all.
Ferram is finally about done with his update (woohoo), so I'll be back in game this evening. I'm really looking forward to the new features. I do wish that the tech tree was actually a little longer/harder to complete. Also, you should grab the KSP Achievements mod - adds some pretty lofty goals to complete, including "The Grand Tour".

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:08 pm

Getting ready to head for Moho to attempt a landing in 1-2 biomes. Anybody been there? It's one place I never saw. Thinking about some of the far outer planets as well. Depends on the next windows.

I purposefully skipped the Duna window. Been there. Done that. It's pretty easy.

Penner

Post by Penner » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:09 pm

Well, I am just going to dive in here and say Splinter Cell was amazing and they should've made that into a movie and not Assassin's Creed.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:18 pm

Here is the lander mounted upside down on top of the transit vehicle.

I am not sure if that will give me the delta v I need to get to Moho and back, though.

Transit vehicle has it's own probe core and power. I forgot to add some monopropellant tanks, but it's pretty much ready for the heavy lifter to go on underneath.

The four external tanks on the lander will be jettisoned on the burn from the surface of Moho back to the transit vehicle to shave off some mass.

Penner

Post by Penner » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:27 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Here is the lander mounted upside down on top of the transit vehicle.

I am not sure if that will give me the delta v I need to get to Moho and back, though.

Transit vehicle has it's own probe core and power. I forgot to add some monopropellant tanks, but it's pretty much ready for the heavy lifter to go on underneath.

The four external tanks on the lander will be jettisoned on the burn from the surface of Moho back to the transit vehicle to shave off some mass.
What game is that from?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:40 pm

Penner wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Here is the lander mounted upside down on top of the transit vehicle.

What game is that from?

Kerbal Space Program

It's very addictive. I warn you now.

*If* I can get this thing to the planet Moho, I will post pics of the various stages of the mission I have planned and how this design works. Moho is roughly analogous to Mercury if Mercury orbited at a crazy angle. It surely will take a lot of delta v to get there from the planet Kerbin. Getting back will be a mess. I have gone to the planet Eve before, so going down towards the star Kerbol is not alien to me. It's just expensive to go down there. I guess that's why NASA and preferred to go to Mars and the outer planets.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:52 pm

The Steam Winter Sale started today (those evil bastards), and Kerbal Space Program is priced at $13.50. Could not recommend any video game more highly, if you're into spaceflight, astronomy, or just physics.

I blew my load all over the damn store this evening. Now stocked on games for the year. :D

Witcher 3
Fallout 4
Empyrion: Galactic Suvival
Xcom 2
Software Inc.

I'm bad at adulting sometimes.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace