What show are you watching right now?

StCapps

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by StCapps » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:21 pm

heydaralon wrote:Capps: Have you seen the first episode of American Crime Story season 2. I'm watching it right now bro.
Not yet, it good?
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:54 pm

StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Capps: Have you seen the first episode of American Crime Story season 2. I'm watching it right now bro.
Not yet, it good?
Well, the first 20 minutes has some odd courtship between an older homosexual man and a young ambitious college aged guy. Then shit goes haywire. I started researching the case that the season is based on, and it is off the wall. Absolutely bonkers. I don't want to spoil anything for you, but shit gets crazy fast. To be honest, I have a hard time seeing where they will go from here, because they told the very end of this killer's story in the first episode. Well, not quite the very end. Really crazy case. If you are into true crime, this will probably be up your alley.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:06 am

StCapps' Top 10 TV Drama's Of 2017:

1 - The Leftovers (HBO)

2 - Better Call Saul (AMC)

3 - The Deuce (HBO)

4 - Halt and Catch Fire (AMC)

5 - A Handmaid's Tale (HULU)

6 - Fargo (FX)

7 - Big Little Lies (HBO)

8 - Black Mirror (Netflix)

9 - The Americans (FX)

10 - Mr. Robot (USA)
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:14 pm

Check out Goliath. It’s pretty fucking amazing.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:06 am

heydaralon wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:I don't normally get sucked in by drama series but ''Hard Sun'' from the BBC has got me watching one.
Basic premise is that two police officers have stumbled upon a government study which shows that Earth has only got five years left before a mass extinction event caused by irregular activity in the Sun.
The authorities are covering it up to stop mass panic and after they release the files it is brushed off as a conspiracy theory.
Of course there are many whackjobs who believe the conspiracy theory (which is actually correct) and the series falls into a regular cop program with the two officers dealing with the fallout.
I'm about to watch episode 3, the first two have been watchable so far but drama series like this often start well then tail off into mediocracy.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05ss0l6
Looks interesting. I'm gonna watch the first episode and see how I like it.
Did you check this out?
I've just watched the 4th episode. It's fucking dark, I don't really want to watch 2 in a row
(they're all up on BBC iplayer) they are hard to watch at times. Reminds of ''the girl with the dragon tatoo'' in places. Pretty good for a British cop show.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:30 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Check out Goliath. It’s pretty fucking amazing.
Did they cancel that show? I saw the first season, but it seems like it came out ages ago with no season 2.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:54 am

heydaralon wrote:
Did they cancel that show? I saw the first season, but it seems like it came out ages ago with no season 2.
The renewed it for a second season apparently, but yeah that came out like two years ago. You got a top 10 list this year daralon?
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:23 pm

A Classic

The cast for this show is incredible
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061512/fullcredits

Fast Eddie Felson
Pa Walton
Trapper John

list just goes on and on
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:05 pm

StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
The renewed it for a second season apparently, but yeah that came out like two years ago. You got a top 10 list this year daralon?
This year, my favorite show was the Deuce. I liked Leftovers season 3 quite a bit as well, so I'd put that one second.

As for the other 8, I'm not sure. GoT was a bit of a letdown, but Mr. Robot had a pretty solid season for the most part. I tried watching Big Little Lies, but I couldn't get into it. Fargo was entertaining, but I liked the last season more.

I was let down by a few new shows. Mindhunters and Ozark were solidly mediocre as was Stranger Things season 2. American Vandal was surprisingly funny though. That netflix true crime thing The Keepers was pretty decent.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:13 pm

The first episode of Waco was pretty good. I'm liking it. A good documentary on Waco is Rules of Engagement. Probably among the best documentaries ever made...
Shikata ga nai