What show are you watching right now?

Hwen Hoshino

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:51 pm

Penner wrote:Not technically a show but a Netflix movie, but dod any watch Bright? That was a good movie- why did the critics hate it so much?
Did not go preachy i assume. The speciist stuff was just a background.

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:10 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Penner wrote:Not technically a show but a Netflix movie, but dod any watch Bright? That was a good movie- why did the critics hate it so much?
Did not go preachy i assume. The speciist stuff was just a background.

To me it was just a buddy cop. Not preachy at all since they barely discuss anything anyways and I wasn't really looking at the movie like that anyways. It was just an action buddy cop movie that has a decent backstory (IMO) and it wasn't that really deep but it was fun to watch for a couple of hours. The only real thing was that ham-fisted (and last minute) detail about prophecy. That seems out of nowhere BUT I just assumed that maybe there is no prophecy and/or it will come in any later movies.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:16 pm

I don't think you can watch this without a sub, but it's pretty good if you have crtv.

https://www.crtv.com/video/ep205--pragmatism
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

I love the new season of The Bachelor. It makes The Wire look like it was made by 3rd graders.

I am 100% making this up. I've never seen the bachelor.
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 pm

Kath wrote:I love the new season of The Bachelor. It makes The Wire look like it was made by 3rd graders.

*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:48 am

That bright movie looked horrible imo. Will Smith is a good actor but with the exception of Ali, every movie hes ever been in sucks. Netflix has a bit of a swollen ego. Stranger things and HoC suck, and much of their original content is quite mediocre. That movie just looked dumb.
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:58 am

I don't normally get sucked in by drama series but ''Hard Sun'' from the BBC has got me watching one.
Basic premise is that two police officers have stumbled upon a government study which shows that Earth has only got five years left before a mass extinction event caused by irregular activity in the Sun.
The authorities are covering it up to stop mass panic and after they release the files it is brushed off as a conspiracy theory.
Of course there are many whackjobs who believe the conspiracy theory (which is actually correct) and the series falls into a regular cop program with the two officers dealing with the fallout.
I'm about to watch episode 3, the first two have been watchable so far but drama series like this often start well then tail off into mediocracy.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05ss0l6
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:03 am

Montegriffo wrote:I don't normally get sucked in by drama series but ''Hard Sun'' from the BBC has got me watching one.
Basic premise is that two police officers have stumbled upon a government study which shows that Earth has only got five years left before a mass extinction event caused by irregular activity in the Sun.
The authorities are covering it up to stop mass panic and after they release the files it is brushed off as a conspiracy theory.
Of course there are many whackjobs who believe the conspiracy theory (which is actually correct) and the series falls into a regular cop program with the two officers dealing with the fallout.
I'm about to watch episode 3, the first two have been watchable so far but drama series like this often start well then tail off into mediocracy.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05ss0l6
Looks interesting. I'm gonna watch the first episode and see how I like it.
Shikata ga nai

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:03 am

StCapps wrote:
Kath wrote:I love the new season of The Bachelor. It makes The Wire look like it was made by 3rd graders.

:lol: That was hilarious!
Account abandoned.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:12 pm

I just found this channel called ESPN that plays shows. One of them is called NBA or something and it has some homoerotic overtones which I am into. I have trouble keeping up with all the characters...
Shikata ga nai