What show are you watching right now?

Montegriffo

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:02 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote: There were a million ways for this to have been fucked, and it wasn't.
Unlike new Top Gear which found most of those ways to be fucked and was.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:02 pm

Finally got around to watching Westworld this week. It's heavy sci-fi so there are bound to be some holes in the story, but overall I was very impressed.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:48 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:Finally got around to watching Westworld this week. It's heavy sci-fi so there are bound to be some holes in the story, but overall I was very impressed.
I wasn't impressed with their use of Anthony Hopkins, the writers basically had him just smiling cryptically all season, to build suspense, but a real solid first season nonetheless. I just worry going forward, for much the same reason that California is worried.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: There were a million ways for this to have been fucked, and it wasn't.
I think I watched half an episode of it. The british hosts' sense of humor is just irreplaceable. I have no idea wtf they were thinking, trying to replace that with a D-list actor.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:50 pm

StCapps wrote:
California wrote:Its not "fiction" and therefore incomparable.
Still doesn't mean they are the same show, therefore your point is irrelevant.
/shrugs
Have you seen it?

Its the same show. Top Gear lived through Clarkson, Hammond, and May, not its production crew.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:51 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
I think I watched half an episode of it. The british hosts' sense of humor is just irreplaceable. I have no idea wtf they were thinking, trying to replace that with a D-list actor.
New Top Gear, American Top Gear, and Australian Top Gear all gave me AIDS
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:58 pm

California wrote:
StCapps wrote:
California wrote:Its not "fiction" and therefore incomparable.
Still doesn't mean they are the same show, therefore your point is irrelevant.
/shrugs
Have you seen it?

Its the same show. Top Gear lived through Clarkson, Hammond, and May, not its production crew.
That's like trying to pretend that Cheap Seats and The Jordan Breen Show were the same MMA radio show, they weren't, super similar doesn't equal the same show. If there had been a network change on top of it, then they would be even less the same show. I mean when Greg Savage wasn't there for Cheap Seats, it was kind of like The Jordan Breen Show, but technically wasn't, even when they played the old theme music in the intro. I see no reason two pretend two different things are the same thing just because of striking similarities.
*yip*

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:16 pm

StCapps wrote:
California wrote:
StCapps wrote:Still doesn't mean they are the same show, therefore your point is irrelevant.
/shrugs
Have you seen it?

That's like trying to pretend that Cheap Seats and The Jordan Breen Show were the same MMA radio show, they weren't, super similar doesn't equal the same show. If there had been a network change on top of it, then they would be even less the same show. I mean when Greg Savage wasn't there for Cheap Seats, it was kind of like The Jordan Breen Show, but technically wasn't, even when they played the old theme music in the intro. I see no reason two pretend two different things are the same thing just because of striking similarities.
A host left, that means the show changed whether its on the same network or not

The only reason The Grand Tour isn't called Top Gear is because they don't own the rights to it. It is literally the same show

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:18 pm

California wrote:A host left, that means the show changed whether its on the same network or not

The only reason The Grand Tour isn't called Top Gear is because they don't own the rights to it. It is literally the same show
If they don't have the rights to it, it isn't the same show, by definition. Give each show credit on it's own merits, no need to pretend they are the same thing, just because they are really similar.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:49 pm

And the Grand Prize for Pedantry goes to....
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0