The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Montegriffo

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:23 am

Not sure how backbreaking manual labour equates with ''token effort''. Sounds a bit like intellectual snobbery to me but maybe I'm just too dumb to understand.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:25 am

Montegriffo wrote:Not sure how backbreaking manual labour equates with ''token effort''. Sounds a bit like intellectual snobbery to me but maybe I'm just too dumb to understand.
I was referring to you as the token effort.
I’ll not challenge your self assessment.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:41 am

What? Travelling the country feeding hungry people good food at festivals is just a token existance. I call it living a champagne lifestyle on a brown ale budget.
Sure I could earn more money working in an airless cubical, sucking on mammon's dick but that's not what I would judge to be a well spent life.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:43 am

Right on.
You do you.

As long as you keep your hand out of my pocket and don’t penalize me for the consequences of your lifestyle choices it’s all good. Live and let live.

I work from home by the way.
;)

All day every day with family, pulling down that corporate technology lucre. It’s *exactly* like the hellscape you imagine you’ve escaped. Lulz

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:56 am

If I do take money from your pocket it will be in fare exchange for a venison pie and I won't judge you as a man by how you earned it. Just don't expect me to say ''have a nice day now'' whilst tugging my forelock.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:57 am

Montegriffo wrote:If I do take money from your pocket it will be in fare exchange for a venison pie and I won't judge you as a man by how you earned it. Just don't expect me to say ''have a nice day now'' whilst tugging my forelock.
Indeed.
You’d be wise indeed to refrain from judging anyone, all things considered.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:06 am

DBTrek wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:If I do take money from your pocket it will be in fare exchange for a venison pie and I won't judge you as a man by how you earned it. Just don't expect me to say ''have a nice day now'' whilst tugging my forelock.
You’d be wise indeed to refrain from judging anyone, all things considered.
:lol: :lol:
So we're no closer to agreeing that a man's value should not be judged soley on how much money he makes or how he earns it?
Horses for courses...

You can have the pie for free if you tell me the god damned joke you ****ing tease.... :evil:

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:17 am

You want the joke?

Ok, fuckit, I’ll tell the joke. You have to get in the right mindset though. It’s not as funny in plain text, you have to imagine a dimly lit comedy club seized with quiet anticipation. An ordinary, middle aged white guy with graying hair approaches the mic, and opens with this:

“There’s a lot of hostility out there today. I don’t want to make anyone uncomfortable but even in this room, I can feel a little tension, you know? I mean, look at me. People see a middle aged white guy and immediately assume I’m racist.

(Pause)

Which is ridiculous, of course. I’m not racist because I’m a middle aged white guy.

(Pause)

I’m racist because I hate [insert minority].
(Ba-dum-tsssssh!)

There’s a follow up joke to dig yourself out of that hole. But it’s not nearly as edgy (or good) as the joke that digs the hole.

There, fucker. There’s the joke.
Last edited by DBTrek on Tue May 14, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:23 am

DBTrek wrote: I’m racist because I hate niggers.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:39 am

DBTrek wrote:You want the joke?

Ok, fuckit, I’ll tell the joke. You have to get in the right mindset though. It’s not as funny in plain text, you have to imagine a dimly lit comedy club seized with quiet anticipation. An ordinary, middle aged white guy with graying hair approaches the mic, and opens with this:

“There’s a lot of hostility out there today. I don’t want to make anyone uncomfortable but even in this room, I can feel a little tension, you know? I mean, look at me. People see a middle aged white guy and immediately assume I’m racist.

(Pause)

Which is ridiculous, of course. I’m not racist because I’m a middle aged white guy.

(Pause)

I’m racist because I hate niggers.
(Ba-dum-tsssssh!)

There’s a follow up joke to dig yourself out of that hole. But it’s not nearly as edgy (or good) as the joke that digs the hole.

There, fucker. There’s the joke.
Well I'm glad I didn't pay for that. That joke is old enough to wear socks with sandals and not get the piss taken out of it by its peers.
Oh well, it was never going to live up to the hype I suppose.