Literal Odds and Ends

K@th

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:11 am

Fuckin' gross.

Ulta Beauty employees are accusing the company of selling used makeup
The former Ulta employee, who has not disclosed the location where she worked, claimed that managers from her store instructed employees to repackage and reseal used items before placing them back on the shelves to be repurchased.
Account abandoned.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:00 pm

Going to get a large mason jar for a hot water bottle in my sleeping bag. If I heat it up in the pot of water for a while I should be safe to pour boiling water into right? Pretty sure they are designed for that but don't want to fuck myself up.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:06 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Going to get a large mason jar for a hot water bottle in my sleeping bag. If I heat it up in the pot of water for a while I should be safe to pour boiling water into right? Pretty sure they are designed for that but don't want to fuck myself up.
Yeah, it will be fine. They can handle temps above normal boiling.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:08 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Going to get a large mason jar for a hot water bottle in my sleeping bag. If I heat it up in the pot of water for a while I should be safe to pour boiling water into right? Pretty sure they are designed for that but don't want to fuck myself up.
A proper hot water bottle will be safer. Last thing you want in your bed is broken glass and boiling water.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:21 pm

Negative. Boiling water in a mason jar doesn't work.

One shattered on me like that.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:23 pm

I'm not boiling it in the jar I'm heating the jar in the water.

Edit, fuck this. I'm getting a steel bottle.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:25 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I'm not boiling it in the jar I'm heating the jar in the water.

Edit, fuck this. I'm getting a steel bottle.

Mine shattered like GCF on his period after pouring boiled tea in there (no ice).

Steel is a good choice.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:34 pm

If you want to stop glass breaking when you pour in boiling water you place a metal spoon in it. Have you never had an Irish coffee?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:38 pm

Montegriffo wrote:If you want to stop glass breaking when you pour in boiling water you place a metal spoon in it. Have you never had an Irish coffee?

How does that work?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:38 pm

A mason jar that can't handle boiling water?

How are you gonna can anything with a jar you can't boil?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751