What if the forum was a D&D campaign II

Speaker to Animals

Re: What if the forum was a D&D campaign II

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:25 pm

Gen Z are a great generation. I was talking about millinneals, half-jokingly. Have you not noticed how dull millinneals are and lacking in imagination? I am not trying to be insulting here. Something went terribly wrong with their generation.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:38 pm

My niece and nephew are millenials... maybe they are exceptions but they are amazing kids. My niece is an insanely talented artist, but also balanced, intelligent and not a flake and my nephew is an adventurous outdoorsman who has endless great stories to share. Amazing that they are my sisters kid who is a self centered flakey boomer (love her, but it’s true).
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:55 pm

I am not just talking about exceptional people here. I am talking about the majority of millinneals I know, many of whom I care about very much. They are terribly lacking in imagination. The idea of sitting down at a table and imagining up a story in real time is inconceivable to them. I don't think they could stand it.

I have tried to play public D&D games with millennials. It's terrible. It's not actually role playing. It's more like they are describing a video game. They don't creatively combine mechanics and spells (like cast Darkness on a rock and throw it into a crowd of monsters). In fact, when you do something like that, they think it's literally magical that you thought of it. They are like, WTF, how is this possible?? OMG you can do that??

I don't read any millennial author that I know of, but I'd imagine the narrative is almost autistic, like how Day of the Jackal was written (for a purpose) but applied to urban fantasy or whatever.

If you don't believe me, go listen to Podcastle, Pseudopod, or some other such fiction podcast and look specifically for authors that list their ages or who's age you can look up, and listen to the stuff from millennials. I am not saying it will bad. It could be very good in it's own way, but it will be good in a technical sense, not in the sense that your imagination was immersed in some fictional world.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:02 am

Family D&D campaign update

Much better day!

Successfully solved important campaign puzzle...
Courage, patience and ingenuity came into play... trusting or not trusting non-player characters (NPCs) was up for debate.
My daughters skills were on display and earned her respect from her older brother... as she wisely chose to keep certain key details from NPCs that would have lost their cooperation.
Some tense moments as they had to walk into what looked like flames to access a teleport.
Much hilarious negotiation and haggling as to who would go first.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:35 pm

It has been more than a year since Smitty became the dragon...

The keep has been restored and although through the hardest times only a few remained, gradually order was restored and the stronghold returned to some semblance of it's former self.

Emperor Trump remains ascendant although his MAGA forces are in some dissaray, the Gaians remain infuriated at the heretics and continue to recruit genderless warriors to "the resistance", while the Mercurians seem to have all but disappeared other than a few Lizartarian holdouts...

And then with almost no warning in ambles Smitty!
His old self - the dragon is back in human form...
Capps follows shortly after.

A welcome feast is put on.
Lord Hash presides and everyone consumes unhealthy portions of mead.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:43 pm

I check for traps.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:45 pm

The Quidditch wars are over.
The truce is holding, for now.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:50 pm

:clap:
Glad the Mary Sue adventure is going well
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:14 pm

The dragon is warring with the Canadians now, on another forum, I'm taking my agression out on them, so I can just kick back and party in Nevada. Freest fuckin' state in the Union, if you ain't Nevadan, you're a fuckin commie.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:31 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:43 pm
I check for traps.
You find one filthy phallus but you already knew that.

Clubbie keeps in rocking in the free world.

Bunch of orphans from the jungle lands tried to take everyone's crossbow but that was fought off.