Fitness Thread

Ex-California

Re: Fitness Thread

Post by Ex-California » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:31 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Nukedog wrote:I ate a little more 1 gram of protein per pounds of body weight today. I can stop now right?

Yeah. That's a myth. Research consistently shows the top-end protein synthesis maxes at 0.7 grams per pound of body weight, and those are elite athletes. Most likely your max right now is around 0.5 grams.

If you are on juice, then yeah, crank your protein right up. Also, I suspect guys who are near their genetic potential utilize much more protein due to higher maintenance needs.

But for the rest of us, anything over 0.7 grams per pound is expensive source for glucose.

I just changed everything about 4 months ago due to the research and am making better progress. Also, eat LOTS of veggies and 2-3 pieces of fruit. Don't neglect greens. Focus more on complete nutrition.
I've backed off the keto and while still watching my carb intake its just more keeping at a general calorie watch. I'm making better progress with a more balanced diet
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:33 pm

California wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Nukedog wrote:I ate a little more 1 gram of protein per pounds of body weight today. I can stop now right?

Yeah. That's a myth. Research consistently shows the top-end protein synthesis maxes at 0.7 grams per pound of body weight, and those are elite athletes. Most likely your max right now is around 0.5 grams.

If you are on juice, then yeah, crank your protein right up. Also, I suspect guys who are near their genetic potential utilize much more protein due to higher maintenance needs.

But for the rest of us, anything over 0.7 grams per pound is expensive source for glucose.

I just changed everything about 4 months ago due to the research and am making better progress. Also, eat LOTS of veggies and 2-3 pieces of fruit. Don't neglect greens. Focus more on complete nutrition.
I've backed off the keto and while still watching my carb intake its just more keeping at a general calorie watch. I'm making better progress with a more balanced diet

If you are doing a lot of sports and resistance training, a 40/30/30 or isometric macro plan is better for you. Especially for your hormones.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:35 pm

Although I just got my biometrics done for work (10% off out-of-pocket insurance costs for the family if you're considered healthy) and with my activity level it said I should eat 2800 calories per day? That seems asinine
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:35 pm

California wrote:Although I just got my biometrics done for work (10% off out-of-pocket insurance costs for the family if you're considered healthy) and with my activity level it said I should eat 2800 calories per day? That seems asinine

It might not be at all. It depends on your age, genetics, and muscle mass.

Mine is about 2400 and I am in my 40s now.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:37 pm

David's Duke said he only started getting big when he ate a pound of ground beef a day, a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk. I was going to try and do that too then I realized he's like twice as tall as me. His work out routine is a lot different then anything else I've heard. He says to just work out twice a week for 30 minutes but the whole thirty minutes should be with heavy weights even if they are mechanical and they should all be two sets of very slow reps until you reach the threshold. Dude is in shape though. 67 years old

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:38 pm

You'll need some dental apps tho.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:41 pm

Fife wrote:You'll need some dental apps tho.
Must be veneers because he talks for hours on end.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:43 pm

I didn't know he was jacked. Is that for real?

Old school boxy builders did exactly what you said. But they were on drugs.

If you drink a gallon of milk, eat six eggs, and a pound of ground beef each day.. that will ruin you.

The gallon of milk thing by itself actually does help thin guys build muscle, but you have to ease into it.

Or, like me, you can make kefir every day. I convert about half a gallon of milk to kefir each day and drink that. One glass has more probiotic than several whole bottles of commercial probiotic combined. There is no lactose left in it, so you won't get wrecked and you drastically reduce calories. It tastes delicious too. I love it. But you have to keep your culture fed and producing every single day.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:50 pm

Idk I'm going to try a gallon of milk a day, at least six eggs and meat every other day. The milk and eggs put me at 146 grams which is more than I need which should leave room for veggies. I did a gallon, a pound of beef and six eggs yesterday and rolled around in agony for like an hour. Only a gallon, three eggs and a chopped beef sandwich today. It's ok. Still room for a few beers.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:54 pm