The Comic Thread

Montegriffo

Re: The Comic Thread

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:35 pm

I don't know the Dr Strange story but if it has Cumberbatch in it I'm sure it will be worth watching. He was great as Alan Turing in the codebreaker story.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:43 pm

Montegriffo wrote:I don't know the Dr Strange story but if it has Cumberbatch in it I'm sure it will be worth watching. He was great as Alan Turing in the codebreaker story.
He plays the main character (Cumberbatch) and does an American accent in the film (the character is an American).

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:47 pm

Penner wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:I don't know the Dr Strange story but if it has Cumberbatch in it I'm sure it will be worth watching. He was great as Alan Turing in the codebreaker story.
He plays the main character (Cumberbatch) and does an American accent in the film (the character is an American).
His name comes up every time the next James Bond is discussed.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:22 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Penner wrote:
His name comes up every time the next James Bond is discussed.

I can't see him as James Bond but as Dr. Strange.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:52 pm

Terrible idea for James Bond.

If they want to produce a James Bond more faithful to the novels, then they should go with Jason Statham. James Bond is a killing machine. These last films where he is emotional and has all this baggage are ridiculous. It's like the opposite of who James Bond really is.

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:39 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Terrible idea for James Bond.

If they want to produce a James Bond more faithful to the novels, then they should go with Jason Statham. James Bond is a killing machine. These last films where he is emotional and has all this baggage are ridiculous. It's like the opposite of who James Bond really is.
Yeah, I agree. It's a shame that they made the current James Bond more realistic but then started to back away from it and I think that most people would rather have a fun James Bond than a overly serious one.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:45 pm

Penner wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Terrible idea for James Bond.

Yeah, I agree. It's a shame that they made the current James Bond more realistic but then started to back away from it and I think that most people would rather have a fun James Bond than a overly serious one.

For a deeper character, I think Equalizer was the bomb. That was sort of like a James Bond character with depth. The depiction of characters was similar too.

The actual James Bond character is like a shark. He doesn't question why or the meaning of it all. He just does what he does.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:26 am

No James Bond will ever be an American so you might as well forget anyone from leftpond.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:24 am

Montegriffo wrote:No James Bond will ever be an American so you might as well forget anyone from leftpond.

Why would we want an American James Bond? It's a British franchise. All I want is for them to stop feminizing the character and create a film truer to the novels. Jason Statham would be a perfect James Bond.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:50 am

mfw the next James Bond is Somalian