What show are you watching right now?

PartyOf5

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Finished Punisher.

13 episodes that should have been 8. 20% John Wick and 80% Days of Our Lives. Should have been at least 50/50.

I'm noticing a trend with shows like this. Walking Dead is another good example. Dragging out a 6 hour story into 12 hours. I don't even feel like I got more depth with the micro management of the story, just a lot of excess scenes and draw out conversations that didn't need to be there.

On to season 2 of Glitch. I really liked the story in season 1. Hope this continues without falling flat.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:23 am

Drifters was fun. Hope it gets a second season. I binged it.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:31 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:Drifters was fun. Hope it gets a second season. I binged it.
More Math Homework, less television. Wait till your dad hears about your low score on the Geisha test. Do you want to be a military comfort woman like your mother?If those bad grades keep up, that might be your only option shrimp dick!
Shikata ga nai

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:43 pm

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:55 pm

Hastur wrote:Started watching Godless. So far it's very good. Best western since Deadwood.
I watched episode 1 last night. It was enjoyable. Good cast, for sure.
Account abandoned.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:28 am

StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
StCapps wrote:Stranger Things Season 2, meh.
/shrugs

Lame start, decent finish, notable step down, one season wonderitis.
That certainly seems to be the case. Very disappointing...
I saw it coming, so I was actually surprised Season 2 wasn't worse than it was. The third last episode of the season is just flat out terrible though, brace yourself accordingly.
The epsisode where she hangs out with those punks? Holy shit man thanks for heads up! That one sucked so bad. I am really starting to dislike the show now. God that whole episode was pure faggotry...
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:35 pm

heydaralon wrote:
StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
That certainly seems to be the case. Very disappointing...
I saw it coming, so I was actually surprised Season 2 wasn't worse than it was. The third last episode of the season is just flat out terrible though, brace yourself accordingly.
The epsisode where she hangs out with those punks? Holy shit man thanks for heads up! That one sucked so bad. I am really starting to dislike the show now. God that whole episode was pure faggotry...
That's the one. Not only was that episode fucking terrible, but it also leaves you on a cliffhanger on top of it. I'm all for Netflix shows trying to have real episodes, instead of pretending it's just a season long movie, but that was an epic fail. Eleven basically does nothing until the last two episodes, that's just bad writing, straight up.
*yip*

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:52 pm

Kath wrote:
Hastur wrote:Started watching Godless. So far it's very good. Best western since Deadwood.
I watched episode 1 last night. It was enjoyable. Good cast, for sure.
Finished it. The ending was over the top but fitting. Don’t need a second season since everything was resolved. I enjoyed it a lot. Jeff Daniels was awesome as a villain. Underrated actor if ever there was one. He rode the same horse as Jeff Bridges in True Grit btw.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:01 pm

StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
StCapps wrote:I saw it coming, so I was actually surprised Season 2 wasn't worse than it was. The third last episode of the season is just flat out terrible though, brace yourself accordingly.
That's the one. Not only was that episode fucking terrible, but it also leaves you on a cliffhanger on top of it. I'm all for Netflix shows trying to have real episodes, instead of pretending it's just a season long movie, but that was an epic fail. Eleven basically does nothing until the last two episodes, that's just bad writing, straight up.
Bad writing indeed! I got 2 episodes left. Are there any new shows that you are watching right now? Netflix released some stuff, but most of it looks godawful. I have some time over the break, and I am gonna be reading some books recommended by forum members amd binge watching shit with my gf. Despite its flaws, I like the show and felt they ended this season well.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:45 pm

heydaralon wrote:Bad writing indeed! I got 2 episodes left. Are there any new shows that you are watching right now? Netflix released some stuff, but most of it looks godawful. I have some time over the break, and I am gonna be reading some books recommended by forum members amd binge watching shit with my gf. Despite its flaws, I like the show and felt they ended this season well.
That reminds me, I got to watch the last three episodes of Mr. Robot's third season. That show's cinematography is so good, it's well worth putting up with the shows many flaws. They got one episode this season that is all one shot, Birdman-style, and it's a great fucking episode. Bobby Cannavale (Gyp Rosetti from Boardwalk) shows up in the third season and works great in that show.
*yip*