Game of Thrones - mostly

BjornP

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by BjornP » Wed May 01, 2019 1:25 am

If they insist on pleasing those who are clamoring for CleganeBowl, I suppose they could opt for Sandor vs Gregor as a mercy-kill sorta fight.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Kath

Post by Kath » Wed May 01, 2019 4:49 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:32 pm
He can’t kill her unless she goes ‘hysterical’ - Mad Queen.

Otherwise it’s just Give Up Your Dick for Love. These idiots can’t imagine any ending where she dies.
I guess I'm the only one who think she's shown numerous examples of going mad already.

She has no mercy. She likes revenge. She has no hesitation threatening people with horrid deaths. She expects undying loyalty from people who have never met her & know nothing about her. She'll burn you alive if she even has a thought that you might be guilty of something.

What was her father? A dude sitting on the throne ordering murders. She's not much different, really. She's her father's daughter. Jon is the product of two sane and kind people. She isn't.

She's a goner.

And, again - Jon bent the knee to save all of mankind. This lil' fact seems to keep getting lost in all of your heads. If he hadn't done that, there's zero point to season 8. Mankind dies out and the dead reign forever. It is known.

I'm not expecting a happy ending, per se, but I'm also not expecting an ending that involves another mad ruler on the throne. There will be a lot of dead people, but there will be peace. No fantasy ever ends with the bad guy winning. Dany is a bad guy.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Kath

Post by Kath » Wed May 01, 2019 4:51 am

StCapps wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:44 pm

If he pusses out of killing her because he loves her, and she kills him because of it, that's a pretty cuck move Kath, there have been warning signs but if he goes out like that its confirmed cuckery. If not and he kills her, pragmatic biding of time and badass backstabbing for the win, it's quite the fork in the road for Jon Snow.
Ah. So he's a cuck because of what he MIGHT do. Gotcha. You guys should come up with a more coherent definition for me. It's confusing.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed May 01, 2019 8:32 am

Dany wants to bend the knee...

And she doesn't.

She is ultimately at war with herself.

Jon hasn't come to terms with his inner sovereign and isn't yet confident in himself to take real authority...

Prolly comes from seeing himself as a Bastard all these years.

But he now knows he has title to the throne....

Will she bend the knee and give us the cliché romance novel cover...

Jon becoming prince charming... Danaerys his faithful queen.

Or will this go some other god forsaken way...

They are aiming at the cliché with all the power invested in them...

But Mad Queen may be the alternative... It's hard to know if I even care...
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed May 01, 2019 10:07 am

Remember Danaerys had this relationship (the romance novel cover) with Khal Drogo...

She seemed to dig it didn't she?

You saw her eyeing Jon up when he handled his dragon ride.

She was probably imagining him as a barechested Khal on horseback for a little while...

But Jon isn't Khal... he has far more liberal self doubt... he is preoccupied with such things as the freedom of the wildlings and whatnot.

So we'll see.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Kath

Post by Kath » Wed May 01, 2019 11:01 am

I cannot think of a single reason that they provided example after example of Dany going Mad Queen throughout the seasons, if they weren't going to do something with that information.

- She burned the former slave owner in the catacombs. She said she didn't care if he was guilty or not (doesn't care about justice)
- She killed the former slave because he went vigilante on a Son of the Harpy (hypocrite)
- She crucified the masters in Mereen (torture)
- She demands instant loyalty (or face death by dragon fire) from people who don't know anything about her, or why she considers herself queen (who cares about breaking the wheel, now?)
- She executed the Tarley family for not swearing undying loyalty(total douche move.)
- She threatens people with death aka Varys (again with that wheel and justice and all that.)

Those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more. She's been mad since she left Qarth, pretty much, where she sentenced those people with a horrible death.) This seems obvious to me.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed May 01, 2019 11:08 am

Kath wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:01 am
Those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more. She's been mad since she left Qarth, pretty much, where she sentenced those people with a horrible death.) This seems obvious to me.
You mean when she crucified the slave owners...
Well what else is a SJW gonna do?
Burn it down!

Gaia in authority it a terrible force to behold... see every communist country... every helicopter parent...
Danaerys is perfect in her role as mother of dragons.

She wants her Khal Drogo to keep her in check.

The question is will Jon give her that?
Can he give her that even if he wanted to?
Does he have it to give?

I mean the story is perfect... which is why I liked GOT...
But I'm concerned that the narrative owns them more than they own it.
But I'll keep watching to find out which it is.

Kath

Post by Kath » Wed May 01, 2019 11:11 am

Once Jon figures out she's as mad as her father, he's going to kill her. He doesn't know yet. He needed her to kill off the NK. That's the only reason he bent the knee. There's no more story if Jon loses to the NK.

No more Jon, Arya, Jamie, etc. to go to KL. Only the wights. That would be boring TV, except for the part where Cersei turns into a wight, and that's a 10 minute episode.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed May 01, 2019 11:41 am

Nothing in the show has indicated Dany is "mad", does anything on your earlier list. It's more like she is fire, destruction, dominance, and power personified - like the dragons are. The Targaryans are practically a different species of man, the Dragonlords, who had some magical connection to their dragons. There were a conquering, dominant people with silver hair and purple eyes (the purple eyes got canned because wearing contacts all the time was uncomfortable for Emilia Clarke). She is arbitrary, vengeful, quick to anger, mistrustful and takes pleasure in killing or torturing her enemies. None of which is "madness". May not be sympathetic behavior fit for the 21st Western civilization, but that's not where the series takes place, so...

The Mad King was actually mad. As in insane. As in a sadist who repeatedly tortured his sister-wife and threatened to rape Tywin Lannister's wife, got sexually aroused seeing people burn and heard voices.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed May 01, 2019 11:43 am

Kath wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:11 am
Once Jon figures out she's as mad as her father, he's going to kill her. He doesn't know yet.
How would he not know that she crucified 1000s of slave owners?

And she's not crazy... she's just Gaia in authority.
She's a SJW's wet dream... turning authority upside down... justice supreme... in response to a plot to dethrone her.
The slave owners would have done to slaves in a slave revolt... so that's not crazy... she would claim to SJW cheers.

The Mad King was actually crazy... he wasn't pursuing his version of justice... he was paranoid and sadistic

edit: I see Bjorn agrees