What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

DBTrek

Re: What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:41 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Not sure why you need to drink your own piss when you are by the river but each to his own I say.

Likes to make save vs poison checks I guess.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:27 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Tolkien himself strongly denied that LOTR was allegorical. Many have tried to suggest it was an East-West battle between good and evil with Mordor in the East representing the USSR.
Tolkien always denied this saying it was just a book he wrote for his children.
Lord of the Rings was an allegory to WWI even if Tolkien can't admit to it. The Shire and the Hobbits were him and his friends who were shipped off to fight during the War and the other races that came together were obviously the other countries that were allied with Great Britain during the War. The Orcs were most likely a cross between [Germany, Austria-Hungary Empire, and the Ottoman Empire](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Powers), aka the Central Powers, that were all allied with each other during the war and enemies of the West during the War. The Eagles are in fact the Americans since at first the Eagles didn't want to even help Frodo and his peeps BUT came around just in time to help end the War to bring the One Ring to Mordor.

Last edited by Penner on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:29 pm

The Eagles had nothing to do with the Ring dumb dumb

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:53 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote: No written language. No legal system.
I also hear the garbage collection was inconsistent and the trains were rarely on time.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:18 pm

Day three

I began keeping a passage of events in my personal journal. If i dont survive its my hope that the events I relay can serve for posterity. I awoke with hunger pangs and drank a little of my own piss thereafter they got a little better. I headed down to the river in search of food and spotted two figures in a canoe fishing. I immediately began to flag them down by waving my arms and shouting in their direction. As they got closer it occurred to me that they must be hobbits. Flashing them a pearly white smile I explained to them that I'm a ranger and that the river is no place for a hobbit. There are deadly fish cats and terrible cat fish. After advising them against drinking the water as it could be unsafe I told them it's safe to drink your own piss. After that I promptly left them and returned to the woods to continue my search for food.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:13 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Not sure why you need to drink your own piss when you are by the river but each to his own I say.

Likes to make save vs poison checks I guess.
piss is fairly sterile especially your own.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:25 am

Random Encounter:

3 Lizard Men

HD 2+1, AC5, hp 9, 12, 6, Dmg 1-2/1-2/1-6, 12 pt LM has a crappy sword so 1-6 sword, 1-6 bite

It's obvious why your snares have been empty.
These three Lizartarians have been liberating your snares of their catch.
They seem pretty resolved to defend their free markets.
Obviously Atheists.

They are busy liberating the hobbits of their catfish when you stumble across them.

You are a level 3 Human Ranger, hp 20, AC 7, Sword and Dagger 1-8, 1-4, two attacks per turn with no penalty... also bow and arrow x30
Last edited by DrYouth on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:01 am

Better drink my own piss again

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:19 am

[rolls dice]

You feel energized and ready to roll.

Musta been a good batch.

Oh and look at this... I just noticed in your bio that Lizardmen were despoiling the forest around the hamlet you grew up in...
They had a no tarrif arrangement on soft wood lumber.
Rangers hate that shit...

So apparently you get a +2 to hit against Lizardmen.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:26 am

I can't violate the NAP