What show are you watching right now?

Penner

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by Penner » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:59 pm

Zero wrote:Just finished The Punisher on Netflix. Pretty good.

I heard good things about it but I want to finish the Defenders before starting anything else.

Zero

Post by Zero » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:17 pm

Yeah, I had to take a break after the Defenders, which was solid. Was disappointed with Iron Fist to the point where I stopped watching from boredom. It’s too bad, because I was really keen on the character after the Fraction/Aja series about a decade ago.

Punisher is definitely solid though and worth your time, I think.
Hontar: We must work in the world, your eminence. The world is thus.

Altamirano: No, Señor Hontar. Thus have we made the world... thus have I made it.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:56 am

New shows coming soon to HBO Nordic. Can you tell me anything about them? Have they been shown over there already?

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:21 am

I'm eight episodes through Punisher. I was expecting a bit more action given the character. I hope things pick up a bit. I've enjoyed most of the Marvel Netflix seasons (exception being Iron Fist, and haven't watched Jessica Jones yet). It's not bad, but it's bordering on boring right now. Has that Walking Dead feeling where things are being dragged out too long. A little more John Wick and a little less days of our lives would be welcome.

Zero

Post by Zero » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:54 am

PartyOf5 wrote:I'm eight episodes through Punisher. I was expecting a bit more action given the character. I hope things pick up a bit. I've enjoyed most of the Marvel Netflix seasons (exception being Iron Fist, and haven't watched Jessica Jones yet). It's not bad, but it's bordering on boring right now. Has that Walking Dead feeling where things are being dragged out too long. A little more John Wick and a little less days of our lives would be welcome.
It all comes together nicely.

Altamirano: No, Señor Hontar. Thus have we made the world... thus have I made it.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:08 am

Hastur wrote:New shows coming soon to HBO Nordic. Can you tell me anything about them? Have they been shown over there already?

I think I've seen a trailer for Knightfall before. Brittania looks far more interesting, though..
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Zero

Post by Zero » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:33 am

Couldn’t play the other trailer. Found this.

Britannica looks pretty good. Coming to Amazon.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:18 am

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Zero

Post by Zero » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:17 pm

Yeah, Knightfall looks good too.

Nice.

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:32 pm

Zero wrote:Yeah, I had to take a break after the Defenders, which was solid. Was disappointed with Iron Fist to the point where I stopped watching from boredom. It’s too bad, because I was really keen on the character after the Fraction/Aja series about a decade ago.

Punisher is definitely solid though and worth your time, I think.
I liked Iron Fist. It was fun but it has problems but it wasn't as bad as everyone was saying it and it did get an unfair beating in the press over that "whitewashing/white savior" shit, IMO.

As with The Defenders, I am actually losing interest in The Hand. I mean these were the same dudes who, in the comics, worshiped a demon known only as "The Beast" and they just couldn't make them interesting. At least Madame Gao is still good to watch.