What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Okeefenokee

Re: What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:28 pm

:lol:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:15 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
DrYouth wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Nord. Fuck off lowly Breton. None of this "We're all one race, the human race" hippy dippy bull shit
Dude... it’s D&D... the races are code for different human races... gnomes are jews, orcs are Muslims, dwarves are burly bearded celts and elves are whoever you consider fruity and artistic.

Well that's fine then. Going to take me a minute to adjust because I'm used to the Tolkien realm where Dwarves are the Jews.

These fuckers kept digging for shiny shit until they pissed off a dragon and began wandering around like a homeless tribe until they could get some dupes to go slay the dragon for them.

Tolkien was red pilled AF
:lol: This is funny.

I can see Tolkeins Dwarves as Jews and the Orcs as Muslims...... Tolkein as I'm sure you know was a Prof of Languages, there was an ancient Kingdom of Uruk in current hajji lands. He even named some of his Orcs that.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:06 am

C-Mag wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
DrYouth wrote: Dude... it’s D&D... the races are code for different human races... gnomes are jews, orcs are Muslims, dwarves are burly bearded celts and elves are whoever you consider fruity and artistic.

Well that's fine then. Going to take me a minute to adjust because I'm used to the Tolkien realm where Dwarves are the Jews.

These fuckers kept digging for shiny shit until they pissed off a dragon and began wandering around like a homeless tribe until they could get some dupes to go slay the dragon for them.

Tolkien was red pilled AF
:lol: This is funny.

I can see Tolkeins Dwarves as Jews and the Orcs as Muslims...... Tolkein as I'm sure you know was a Prof of Languages, there was an ancient Kingdom of Uruk in current hajji lands. He even named some of his Orcs that.
There are many theories that the Tolkein stories are about religion the one I heard the most is that elves are Christians. Immortal thru Christ. Others say Elves are Jews. The original chosen with a history that seems to predate the others.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:11 am

Gandalf = Jesus.
The Fellowship of the Ring = early Christians.
The One Ring = Mosaic Law.

Hobbits = Jews?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:17 am

The shires were obviously the English countryside.... the farther away you get the stranger the folk... and finally the masses hordes of dark skinned Other muttering incomprehensibly with scimitars. It doesn’t exactly take a literary wizard to draw analogies.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:45 am

Tolkien himself strongly denied that LOTR was allegorical. Many have tried to suggest it was an East-West battle between good and evil with Mordor in the East representing the USSR.
Tolkien always denied this saying it was just a book he wrote for his children.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:47 am

You ever see a picture of Tolkien?

You’d trust that face?

:shock:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:54 am

Montegriffo wrote:Tolkien himself strongly denied that LOTR was allegorical. Many have tried to suggest it was an East-West battle between good and evil with Mordor in the East representing the USSR.
:lol: He had some weird-ass kids.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:58 am

Montegriffo wrote:Tolkien himself strongly denied that LOTR was allegorical. Many have tried to suggest it was an East-West battle between good and evil with Mordor in the East representing the USSR.

He disliked allegory on literary grounds. The purpose of The Hobbit was for his children. The purpose of the Lord of the Rings was to create a new myth for Europe. The Shire is based on England. He has said is much. That doesn't make it allegory.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:15 am

He fell out with fellow Catholic CS Lewis when he wrote the heavily allegorical Narnia series of books.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.