California Hate Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: California Hate Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:20 am

We need an Idaho love thread just to fuck with Nukedog.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:28 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:57 am
Oh, no doubt. I miss Idaho like a motherfucker. Lots of my old squadron mates have returned after their wives blew up the marriages.

If you want to survive nuclear war, look up a little town called Atlanta, Idaho on a map. For real, that place is Carlus' dream community.

Very easily defended. Nothing nearby. The only way in is on easily locked down ranger roads.

They had their own hydro dam in the 90s. Not sure if it still works now. If the power goes out, you still have hot baths because the area is surrounded by hot springs.
That would be a good one. :D

For me, I prefer being near family. By myself, I'm pretty good, with my family there's basically no situation short of glowing nuclear, we wouldn't just survive; ………Wee, I'd just really like my chances to come out ahead.
Too many old school ways passed down and still practiced. I come from a long line of poachers and bootleggers. :shifty:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:45 am

There's a lot of awesome towns tucked away in the Sierras. Too bad I still gotta work, cus there aint much out there. Susanville is so beautiful. Maybe someday Jefferson will be realized.

Wouldn't mind this in my backyard.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:49 am

Susanville is a prison town, Federal Pen there.

It's an interesting thing to think about. Theorize a SHTF scenario. What do you do with prisoners.
PLATA O PLOMO

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:52 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:49 am

It's an interesting thing to think about. Theorize a SHTF scenario. What do you do with prisoners.
Well if shit really did the hit the fan, I would predict they would be left there. Not sayin its right, just a prediction.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:59 am

Another great town in CA is Dunsmuir. All those old mining towns up by Shasta are beautiful.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:08 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:52 am
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:49 am

Well if shit really did the hit the fan, I would predict they would be left there. Not sayin its right, just a prediction.
I think that's the hard reality of it.

However, you also have to consider that the inmates would bribe guards to get out, or gang members would go free allies inside once the guards left or just flat break out. If you are not being watched, power is down and you are not locked in a cell, you'll probably find a way out. I think a bunch of them would get out.
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:10 pm

Some of them would be useful. It would be stupid to just wash your hands of the prison population. Our government imprisons LOTS of people who should never have been there. Even amongst the violent criminals you probably have some combat veterans.

We live in a democratic tyranny. Can't pay your slave ransom I mean child support? Locked in a cage. Feds want to punish you for anything, open-ended investigation until they find something they can charge you with and.. locked in a cage.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:17 pm

Once you get north of the Bay Area and Sacramento CA is still pretty awesome
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:40 pm

California wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:17 pm
Once you get north of the Bay Area and Sacramento CA is still pretty awesome
Hell ya.