NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Smitty-48

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:18 pm

StCapps wrote:I know, I'm just saying Landeskog's style of play is more sterotypically Canadian.
Stereotypical fourth liner maybe, my stereotypical Canadian list starts with; Maurice Richard, Bobby Orr, Gordie Howe, Wayne Gretzky, Jean Beliveau, Mario Lemieux, Joe Sakic, Steve Yzerman, Mark Messier, Paul Coffey, Ray Bourque, Guy Lafleur, Phill Esposito, Marcel Dion, Bobby Hull, Bobby Clarke, Doug Gilmour, Gilles Perreaut, Scott Niedermayer, Ron Francis, Dale Hawerchuk, Luc Robitaille, Dave Keon, Daryl Sitttler, Brian Trottier, Brendan Shanahan, Denis Savard, Pierre Turgeon, Scott Stevens, Chis Pronger, Joe Nieuwendyk, Mike Gartner, Glenn Anderson ...

...I mean, shit, you gotta go pretty far down the Canadian list, before you get to Landeskogian territory...
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 20, 2017 1:23 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:I know, I'm just saying Landeskog's style of play is more sterotypically Canadian.
Stereotypical fourth liner maybe, my stereotypical Canadian list starts with; Maurice Richard, Bobby Orr, Gordie Howe, Wayne Gretzky, Jean Beliveau, Mario Lemieux, Joe Sakic, Steve Yzerman, Mark Messier, Paul Coffey, Ray Bourque, Guy Lafleur, Phill Esposito, Marcel Dion, Bobby Hull, Bobby Clarke, Doug Gilmour, Gilles Perreaut, Scott Niedermayer, Ron Francis, Dale Hawerchuk, Luc Robitaille, Dave Keon, Daryl Sitttler, Brian Trottier, Brendan Shanahan, enis Savard, Pierre Turgeon... I mean, shit, you gotta go pretty far down the Canadian list, before you get to Landeskogian territory...
I was comparing him to other Swede's dude. He's more Canadian like than the vast majority of Swede's, stop being obtuse. Saying Landeskog is no Mark Messier adds nothing to the conversation, that's just being Captain Obvious.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat May 20, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:28 pm

Nylander is way more Canadian than Landeskog, because Nylander is literally awesome, whereas Landeskog is a total bust; bottom six grinder, for a second overall pick? Yeesh.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:31 pm

You wanna talk good Leafs drafting of late? Nylander was a no brainer at #8, that ain't no thang, the real steal was; Connor Brown, outscored Landeskog, for $625K, after being drafted 156th overall.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 20, 2017 1:35 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Nylander is way more Canadian than Landeskog, because Nylander is literally awesome, whereas Landeskog is a total bust; bottom six grinder, for a second overall pick? Yeesh.
Bust of a second overall pick, sure, in general, nah. He's a top six grinder with a complete game, claiming he's a bottom six grinder is just lying. We wanted more out of the pick sure, but he doesn't suck.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:37 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Nylander is way more Canadian than Landeskog, because Nylander is literally awesome, whereas Landeskog is a total bust; bottom six grinder, for a second overall pick? Yeesh.
Bust of a second overall pick, sure, in general, nah. He's a top six grinder with a complete game, claiming he's a bottom six grinder is just lying. We wanted more out of the pick sure, but he doesn't suck.
OK, we'll play him with Matthews instead of Hyman, who do you want for him? Poor man's Mitch Marner? How about Jeremy Bracco?
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 20, 2017 1:39 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:OK, we'll play him with Matthews instead of Hyman, who do you want for him? Poor man's Mitch Marner? How about Jeremy Bracco?
Give me an actual asset, or fuck off. An unproven forward prospect for Landeskog? That's a joke.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:45 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:OK, we'll play him with Matthews instead of Hyman, who do you want for him? Poor man's Mitch Marner? How about Jeremy Bracco?
Give me an actual asset, or fuck off. An unproven forward prospect for Landeskog? That's a joke.
More fool you, Bracco is gonna be a star, didn't want to trade him anyways.

Who do you want then? JVR?
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 20, 2017 1:46 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Who do you want then? JVR?
JVR is shit, keep him.

There is honestly no one on the Leafs that I would want for Landeskog except for players you would never trade me. I don't see the point in this exercise, you think Landeskog is worth a bag of pucks and you don't have any touchable assets that we're looking for anyway. Kadri, Bozak, JVR is the best you got? Not interested.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:52 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Who do you want then? JVR?
JVR is shit, keep him.

There is honestly no one on the Leafs that I would want for him except for players you would never trade me. I don't see the point in this exercise, you think Landeskog is worth a bag of pucks.
Nah, I'd take him to replace Hyman on the line with Matthews, then slot Hyman lower down, you're just a fool for not biting on Bracco who is going to be a "poor's man Marner" which is what you said you were looking for.

Obviously I'm not trading Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, or Kadri, for Landeskog, you said it yourself, Landeskog is a grinder, you think you're getting a second overall pick type player, just because you picked a grinder second overall?
Nec Aspera Terrent