Literal Odds and Ends

Montegriffo

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:23 am

So all I have to do to persuade you that I'm a Nazi is wear a Hitler t-shirt and call my next Trebuchet - Vergeltungswaffen 4.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:26 am

Montegriffo wrote:So all I have to do to persuade you that I'm a Nazi is wear a Hitler t-shirt and call my next Trebuchet - Vergeltungswaffen 4.

I suppose it wiuld be a natural progression. Il Duce started out as a communist.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:29 am

Plans for the V4 are well under way. Strength through joy.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:30 am

Montegriffo wrote:Plans for the V4 are well under way. Strength through joy.

Is V4 some new kind of butt lube for you and your communist buddoes?

Because I know for damned sure you cannot calculate the area under the curve, much less build a ballistic missile.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:35 am

The V4 uses only renewable materials and is powered by non-polluting gravity. The Fatherland is leading the Green revolution. Vorsprung durch Technik.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:39 am

Montegriffo wrote:The V4 uses only renewable materials and is powered by non-polluting gravity. The Fatherland is leading the Green revolution. Vorsprung durch Technik.

Oh, good. So you will only blow yourselves up, and maybe some sheep.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:45 am

Montegriffo wrote:The V4 uses only renewable materials and is powered by non-polluting gravity. The Fatherland is leading the Green revolution. Vorsprung durch Technik.
Hitler would approve.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:16 pm

Ruhm durch Eroberung!
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:03 pm

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Rick-and-Morty-Au ... mwBanner=1

In comparison, fine silver is $17/oz now.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:56 pm

Splendor in the Grass - Vanishing Early Architecture In South Dakota's Small Towns
Who would have imagined how swiftly time and technology would ravage these ambitious, hopeful beginnings. . . . As machinery allowed one man to do the work of many, the populations and growth prospects of these towns plummeted, and with it, understandably, the commitment to build temples to a future that no longer appeared as boundless as the surrounding plains. . . . A pioneering generation conjured temples and palaces from the air and grass, yet its comfortable descendants cannot muster the energy or imagination to repair and repurpose them. Easier to put up a pole barn.

A cross section of South Dakota’s early small-town architecture not yet sacrificed to expediency is documented here, too often in dispiriting states of endstage decay. Some of what is pictured here is already lost. Unless communities mobilize to preserve these buildings – as they once did to build them – this rich cultural inheritance is doomed. Nothing can return South Dakota’s small towns to their hour of architectural splendor, but its surviving communities can yet draw strength from what remains behind.