Political Parenting: Greta Thurnberg edition

Your teenage child is bullied for their political views which mimick your own. You are:

Proud and encourage them
43%
Horrified that they have been exposed to propaganda.
57%

Total votes: 7

Smitty-48

Re: Political Parenting: Greta Thurnberg edition

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:00 pm

Hastur wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:52 pm
She's the real thing. Anyone who comes back after a headshot and writes a book to spite her attackers is worth a salute.
Meh. Pawn of the Liberal Elites.

The Taliban are the ones fighting the drug dealing child rapists, she's the one on the side of the Northern Alliance.

She's the poster child rubric for the quagmire military adventure that is the operation in Afghanistan.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:05 pm

You're going to see a lot more of this kind of thing.
It's the curse of the internet age, everyone will have their 15 minutes of fame.
Whether it's politically active teens or wannabe Nazis teaching their dogs to sieg heil.
This is what you wanted, isn't it? Anti-establishment figures rather than political swamp monsters.

Be careful what you wish for.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:09 pm

I wish this climate change doomsday cult would all just kill themselves in a worldwide suicide event.

I can handle the repercussions. Just fucking do it already, you pussies.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:10 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:05 pm
Be careful what you wish for.
She's not bothering me, the Cult of Climate Doom is going to blow itself up, but that's not my problem.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:10 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:00 pm
Hastur wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:52 pm
She's the real thing. Anyone who comes back after a headshot and writes a book to spite her attackers is worth a salute.
Meh. Pawn of the Liberal Elites.

The Taliban are the ones fighting the drug dealing child rapists, she's the one on the side of the Northern Alliance.

She's the poster child rubric for the quagmire military adventure that is the operation in Afghanistan.
Not really. Malala is Pakistani. She has nothing to do with Afghanistan or the Northern Alliance. This was the ISI’s chickens coming home to roost.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:10 pm

CoCD

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:13 pm

Hastur wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:10 pm

Not really. Malala is Pakistani. She has nothing to do with Afghanistan or the Northern Alliance. This was the ISI’s chickens coming home to roost.
First of all, to say that Pakistan has nothing to do with the two sides fighting across the border which does not really exist, is silly, it's all the same war.

Second, I don't think the ISI cares about her being shot, they are probably the ones who ordered her to be shot.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:14 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:09 pm
I wish this climate change doomsday cult would all just kill themselves in a worldwide suicide event.

I can handle the repercussions. Just fucking do it already, you pussies.
You first, you're more of a drain on society.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:32 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:05 pm
wannabe Nazis teaching their dogs to sieg heil.
I think we all know how children stack up against dogs when it comes to your offense-o-meter. :goteam: :drunk:

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:35 pm

Hastur wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:02 pm

She's being exploited. So are all the kids being paraded in front of the cameras to push an agenda. They don't know jack. They are used as human shields. Disgusting.
Anyone questioning their agenda will be made to look like heartless bastards.
Trump understands this. Hence his tweet.
I would not put my child in the hands of the DC elites. It's as bad as a Hollywood casting couch.
Anyone who uses the fickle media to rise to prominence should be prepared for the backlash. The media loves to tear their own creations to shreds. For some clicks.
Unless some news site presents them, I don't bother looking at Trump's tweets. Nothing that guy says is going to be more than or as intelligent as the autisic spergings of angry, Swedish teen girls, anyway. Real men don't pine for constant validation and act pissy every time they're not complimented the way they want. That's what bitches do. Don't care if he says anything true or not at this point or that I'd agree with him on anything or everything. He's like watching a man acting proud of licking the shit of better men off the street.

Anyway...

Those kids know about as much as the average voters about the climate, so nah, not buying the outrage. They're about as much puppets for...I dunno who you think controls "the climate change agenda", as you are a right-wing puppet for introducing American style liberalism into Sweden or whatever shrill accusations one could cook up. Got no problem with the ridicule of the vapid and useless "they're so brave" cries. It's for show and I think the kids will understand that they were simply used by various world leaders to make them look good rather than for anyone doing anything. I remember reading lately, though can't remember where (think it was a Danish newspaper) that the kids who participated in that UN climate conference had been complaining that the workshops the UN had, were bullshit like "learn how to make your own video online". Stuff most of them are digitally fluent in, anyway. Oh, and apparantly some actress high on shrooms spoke some gibberish about planet Earth reference pseudo-religious Gaiaism. Which probably sounded coherent and deep to Hollywood types, I'm sure.

If you have a political message like "We should reduce illegal immigration", and in order to get public awareness of the issue, you align yourself with some shady huckster(s) who just wants to look good by association, does that really matter if you get your message out? :think: You are responsible for you. The huckster(s) for themselves. The haters will focus on the guilt by association bullshit, sure, or they will simply hate you for your message, but if you persuaded just a little more people by climbing on a higher soapbox... ain't that a win?

I wouldn't put any hypothetical kids of mine in DC elite hands, either. Mostly because I am not American, but also because I'd trust my kids to be able to know when they're taken advantage of or not. I'd like to think that were I a parent, I'd be able to prepare them for that.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.