The Fucking Thatcher Thread

Okeefenokee

Re: The Fucking Thatcher Thread

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:21 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:IRA is commie trash

The Irish were a mistake that should have been deleted centuries ago
Watch this,

Think the full thing is on the tubes.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:37 pm

I blame the krauts for fucking up our gene pool. I'm 1/4 kraut, BTW, have I mentioned that before?

Have any of you all read Jim Webb's book? https://www.amazon.com/Born-Fighting-Sc ... B000FCKGTS

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:16 am

DrYouth wrote:Non-judicial executions for all the right reasons...

Why worry?
Non-judicial executions is the dictionary definition of military force, the lawful judicial authority in Gibraltar stated that they were incapable of addressing the threat of a PIRA covert terrorist element plausibly in the process of executing a mass casualty bombing attack, and so, under British law, turned the responsibility over to HM armed forces, formally, in writing, as is required for the SAS to conduct any counterterrorism operation on British soil.

So we'll just have to put you down as being fundamentally opposed the armed forces of the Crown executing their duties to the Commander-in-Chief; noted, and filed for future reference.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:23 am

DrYouth wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Then there was the selling off of the crown jewels on the cheap to her bankster buddies. Privatisation of all the money making utilities such as gas, water, electricity, telecoms, transport etc. These would all be earning big bucks for the exchequer now if still nationalised.
Cappy wrote:If they were nationalized they'd be far worse off than they are now. Public gas, water, electricity, telecoms and transport, give me a break, public utilities suck and Maggie did y'all a big favor by busting them up. That's not one of her biggest negatives, it's one of her biggest positives.
OK...

Just read this over.

For the most part a strong show off the mat for Cappy.

I think you put Monte back on his heels....

But I'm not clear about this point.

The truth is privatization is never clearly a win or loss.

I wonder if we could find some reliable stats on how that worked out for the UK....

From the crown jewels through gas to transport.... did the UK win or lose from privatizing?

The left tends to assume it's automatically a loss, and the right tends to assume the opposite.

I remain unconvinced either way.
Let's just look at British gas, sold off cheap for £450 million now earning that much per year for it's shareholders.
2014 and 2015...
Profits at British Gas have risen by 31% to £574m for the 12 months to 31 December as gas consumption increased.

The rise in operating profits compared with £439m for the previous year.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35601674

British Telecom made £1.9 billion this year.
Electricity companies make several billions per year.

Smitty or Fife will tell you that private companies are run more efficiently which is why their profits are so huge. In reality privatisation led to huge job cuts and increased prices for customers.
Privatisation was a short term gain which bailed out the Thatcher government but a long term loss for British consumers and exchequer revenues.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:30 am

Smitty-48 wrote:

Why worry?
Non-judicial executions is the dictionary definition of military force, the lawful judicial authority in Gibraltar stated that they were incapable of addressing the threat of a PIRA covert terrorist element plausibly in the process of executing a mass casualty bombing attack, and so, under British law, turned the responsibility over to HM armed forces, formally, in writing, as is required for the SAS to conduct any counterterrorism operation on British soil.

So we'll just have to put you down as being fundamentally opposed the armed forces of the Crown executing their duties to the Commander-in-Chief; noted, and filed for future reference.
There was also the option to detain the unarmed IRA men on the rock. The choices were not limited to kill or allow to walk free to plant a bomb.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:11 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Why worry?

There was also the option to detain the unarmed IRA men on the rock. The choices were not limited to kill or allow to walk free to plant a bomb.
The soldiers believed them to be about to remote detonate a bomb, and so decided not to risk it, nothing prohibited about that, c'est le guerre, it's called counterrevolutionary warfare for a reason, once law enforcement hands off to UKSF, it's a military operation, they're not bound to arrest them, although they did attempt to, but when the enemy declined to surrender immediately , they shot them, which, that's how it's done.

The SAS are not the police, once the police say that they can't handle the situation and then turn it over to the military, if you haven't turned yourself in by then, you takes your chances. mate, it's a war at that point, you'd better surrender right away, if you don't want to get shot.

I don't blame soldiers for doing their jobs, why do you? Why do you sympathize with PIRA? I would have shot those three Fenian's too, they knew who they were, and those Fenians got what they deserved.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:31 am

Barbarians. Executing combatants without a full jury trial.
:twisted:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:36 am

If that were us, we'd still try to capture them, though, so we can waterboard them in black prison sites for the rest of their lives. Britons were yet again too soft for their own good, apparently.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:45 am

The context was that the PIRA was engaged in a campaign of blowing up British targets with remotely detonated bombs, the Spanish were tracking them, but then lost contact, they managed to sneak over the border, and when the British finally spotted them, they were point blank, so it was touch and go then, the British believed the bomb was already emplaced, so if you try to grab them without shooting them, they could remote detonate the bomb, this is why the police said it was beyond their means and called in the military.

The military simply prioritized the safety of the public over the safety of the enemy, and took no chances.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:49 am

I’m sure if they were peacefully detained after setting off bombs that killed civilians Monte and Dr Y would totally understand. I mean, they absolutely wouldn’t blame the military in that scenario whatsoever.
Mmmm-hmmmm.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"