The Comic Thread

Montegriffo

Re: The Comic Thread

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:35 pm

Penner wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Gotto agree so far. I presume it's not meant to be funny?
Never read it so the only reference I have to it is Big Bang Theory.
Saw Capt America last week which was pretty poor too.
What, if any, are the comics that were good movies?
Iron Man 1.
Dark Knight Trilogy
Avengers (the first one)
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Captain America: Civil War
Guardians of the Galaxy
Road to Perdition
Deadpool
Spiderman (2002)
Spiderman (2004)
Dr. Strange
The BBC is showing Winter Soldier tonight, I shall take your recommendation and watch it.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:40 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Penner wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Gotto agree so far. I presume it's not meant to be funny?
Never read it so the only reference I have to it is Big Bang Theory.
Saw Capt America last week which was pretty poor too.
What, if any, are the comics that were good movies?
Iron Man 1.
Dark Knight Trilogy
Avengers (the first one)
Guardians of the Galaxy
Road to Perdition
Deadpool
Spiderman (2002)
Spiderman (2004)
Dr. Strange
The BBC is showing Winter Soldier tonight, I shall take your recommendation and watch it.
Yeah, go ahead and watch it. You might not fully understand it since you kind of need to know what happen to Cap's old friend and why he does what he does, but still, it's a good movie to watch. Just think of those old spy Cold War movies that came out in the 1960s

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:44 pm

Penner wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Penner wrote:
Iron Man 1.
Dark Knight Trilogy
Avengers (the first one)
Guardians of the Galaxy
Road to Perdition
Deadpool
Spiderman (2002)
Spiderman (2004)
Dr. Strange
Yeah, go ahead and watch it. You might not fully understand it since you kind of need to know what happen to Cap's old friend and why he does what he does, but still, it's a good movie to watch. Just think of those old spy Cold War movies that came out in the 1960s
If I get too confused you can give me the back story needed to understand. At least being on the BBC it won't be disrupted by adverts.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:15 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Penner wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
If I get too confused you can give me the back story needed to understand. At least being on the BBC it won't be disrupted by adverts.
Don't they show commercials?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:21 pm

Not on the BBC.
45 mins in, all a bit over the top so far.

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:26 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Not on the BBC.
It's one of the better movies of the MCU. Personally, if I would start, I would start with Iron Man (the first movie) and then skip to Thor 1. Then I would watch The Incredible Hulk, Captain America: The First Avenger, and Thor 2. After that, I would watch The Avengers (first movie) and then Winter Solider, and then if you into it, Age of Ultron (although, this has to be one of the weakest films in the whole MCU, IMO), Ant-Man, GoTG, Captain America: Civil War (which is considered to be one the of best of the MCU), and finally Dr. Stange. Then after seeing all that comes Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:39 pm

Penner wrote:
It's one of the better movies of the MCU. Personally, if I would start, I would start with Iron Man (the first movie) and then skip to Thor 1. Then I would watch The Incredible Hulk, Captain America: The First Avenger, and Thor 2. After that, I would watch The Avengers (first movie) and then Winter Solider, and then if you into it, Age of Ultron (although, this has to be one of the weakest films in the whole MCU, IMO), Ant-Man, GoTG, Captain America: Civil War (which is considered to be one the of best of the MCU), and finally Dr. Stange. Then after seeing all that comes Spider-Man: Homecoming.
Some good special effects, fight scenes pretty good and the storyline worked better than the first film. I'll give it 7/10.
I worked with Toby Jones who played the German scientist, he was a bit of a pain wanting his breakfast cooked to order but as it was just poached eggs on toast it wasn't too bad.

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:45 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Penner wrote:
Some good special effects, fight scenes pretty good and the storyline worked better than the first film. I'll give it 7/10.
I worked with Toby Jones who played the German scientist, he was a bit of a pain wanting his breakfast cooked to order but as it was just poached eggs on toast it wasn't too bad.
Did watching it made you think that maybe you want to check out the other films?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:04 pm

I've seen the Iron Man films and liked them, good humour, I've also seen Thor which I thought was a bit daft.
I'll watch the others if they come on the TV but I wouldn't pay to see any of them.
The thing I've been really looking forward to is the new season of Sherlock which starts New Years day. Best British TV program for years, also staring Toby Jones who seems to get everywhere even in Star Wars.

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:26 pm

Montegriffo wrote:I've seen the Iron Man films and liked them, good humour, I've also seen Thor which I thought was a bit daft.
I'll watch the others if they come on the TV but I wouldn't pay to see any of them.
The thing I've been really looking forward to is the new season of Sherlock which starts New Years day. Best British TV program for years, also staring Toby Jones who seems to get everywhere even in Star Wars.
Sherlock is a very great TV show, no doubt but if you like seeing Cumberbatch act, then check out him playing Dr. Starnge: