NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Sat May 20, 2017 11:40 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Hastur wrote:Bäckström and Nylander...
:dance: :dance: :clap:
See Billy win the draw clean on that second goal? Surprisingly good at faceoffs, Babcock's not going to let him play center in the NHL until he bulks up, but he will be the #2 behind Matthews in a couple years, noo doot aboot it.
Nylander, now that's just good drafting, that's not even getting lucky. That's just a clutch 8th overall pick right there.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat May 20, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:40 am

StCapps wrote:I'll take a solid defensive prospect who haven't played much, if any, NHL hockey yet, but they are likely to pan out as a top four defensemen, be nice to get a draft pick of some kind as a cherry on top too.

I'd be cool with that. Come on someone like Montreal, be retarded.
Montreal has nothing to give, except Segachev, but since that's all they got, I don't see them trading him for Duchene, Montreal needs a big center, another small center does nothing for them, if they're going to trade Sergachev, they need to get the real deal, a young big center prospect of comparable age and quality.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat May 20, 2017 11:42 am

StCapps wrote:I think you're fucked Fife. Isn't Mike Fisher out too?
Last news I saw was from yesterday: "under evaluation" for undisclosed injury.

It's gonna take something monumental, for sure. Shit I can't wait for 6:15 CT. :goteam: :drunk:

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 20, 2017 11:43 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Montreal has nothing to give, except Segachev, but since that's all they got, I don't see them trading him for Duchene, Montreal needs a big center, another small center does nothing for them, if they're going to trade Sergachev, they need to get the real deal, a young big center prospect of comparable age and quality.
Duchene would still be their best center though, small or not, they could be duped, especially with that window of theirs closing because of that silly Weber trade.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 20, 2017 11:46 am

Fife wrote:
StCapps wrote:I think you're fucked Fife. Isn't Mike Fisher out too?
Last news I saw was from yesterday: "under evaluation" for undisclosed injury.

It's gonna take something monumental, for sure. Shit I can't wait for 6:15 CT. :goteam: :drunk:
Pekka Rinne has to get back to playing like he was in the first two series, or there is no hope with so little depth down the middle. If Nashville somehow wins this series, that would be pretty surprising.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 20, 2017 11:51 am

We have to trade Duchene before the end of next season anyway, because he sure as hell isn't going to resign here, no matter what. So if we don't trade him, we won't even get a bag of pucks back for him. It's no wonder Sakic is having trouble moving him under such conditions.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:54 am

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Hastur wrote:Bäckström and Nylander...
:dance: :dance: :clap:
See Billy win the draw clean on that second goal? Surprisingly good at faceoffs, Babcock's not going to let him play center in the NHL until he bulks up, but he will be the #2 behind Matthews in a couple years, noo doot aboot it.
Nylander, now that's just good drafting, that's not even getting lucky.
Was expecting Nylander at #8 and there he was at #8, exactly per the mock draft, that all went smoothly, but he's been much better much sooner than I thought he would be, he's developing at a breathtaking pace, the back up plan was Ehlers, who is also good, but Nylander is looking like he's going to surpass him, Ehlers is comparable, but he'll never play center and I think Willy's ceiling is higher.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 20, 2017 12:02 pm

Damn Rantanen took that hit well. Got jacked up and got right up, like it was nothing. Tough bastard.
*yip*

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sat May 20, 2017 12:07 pm

StCapps wrote:Damn Rantanen took that hit well. Got jacked up and got right up, like it was nothing. Tough bastard.
Sisu
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisu
Last edited by Hastur on Sat May 20, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:09 pm

Since the Carey Price window is closing, slowly but surely, which is actually preventing the Habs from rebuilding, Sakic should try a massive multiplayer with them, Duchene, Landeskog, and Barrie, for Mikhail Sergachev, Noah Juulsen, Micheal McCarron, Zach Fucale, and two first rounders, this years and next years.
Nec Aspera Terrent