Literal Odds and Ends

Ex-California

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by Ex-California » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:52 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:The PC term in America is obeast.
Or hamplanet
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:15 am

Not everything is shitty:

Jolt Cola is making a comeback
Jolt Cola, the drink responsible for caffeinating a generation, is returning to shelves this month.

America’s first carbonated energy drink has announced that the beverage which, as their logo boldly says, has “all the sugar and twice the caffeine,” will be stocked exclusively at Dollar General stores across the nation starting September.

Jolt Cola came on the scene in 1985 boasting 160 milligrams of caffeine per 16 oz. bottle – nearly four times Coca-Cola’s 45 milligrams – and 52 grams of sugar, compared to Coca-Cola’s 50 grams.
https://www.instagram.com/realjoltcola/

About time for a Jolt-N-Jack, ala 1987 or so, this coming football Saturday (although back in those days it was more likely a Jolt-N-Jimmy). :goteam: :drunk:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:29 pm

There are four adults, fours dogs, and five children at my house for the weekend.

I'm getting my money out of this WWE couch this weekend.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:40 pm

Fife wrote:Not everything is shitty:

Jolt Cola is making a comeback
Jolt Cola, the drink responsible for caffeinating a generation, is returning to shelves this month.
About Time........... remember the over reaction Jolt back in the day ?

But then, those were the days when Tom Hanks killed himself playing DnD.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:02 am

I doubt it will remain profitable for long.

Make it zero calorie and maybe.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:11 am

For a young man in the 21st century, J.K. Rowling embodies just about everything that he hates about his own mother, but can't outright say to her. An aging neoliberal single mother with an inflated sense of self-importance using twitter to cope with her increasing irrelevance. The sort of woman who hasn't seriously thought about any of her opinions, but feels the need to push them on to others and condescend to anybody who might think differently.

She is an archetype. Neither insightful nor funny nor controversial. She is a consummate mediocrity basking in the praise of similar mediocrities the world over who have projected their own aspirations on to her, satisfied that somebody like them is a billionaire. Her Christianity is an accessory. She takes everything that she's been taught by public school and daytime television and fashions a god out of it.

She conceives of public affairs in the nebulous terms of "love" and "hate". The fact that an action might fall outside of either of these two categories, or that something she deems "hateful" might in fact be the wiser choice has not occurred to her. Despite this, she is shockingly easy to bait into a bitter, spiteful rage. Furthermore, her generosity only extends as far as her personal comfort.

In many ways, she's already missed the boat. Her brand of comfortable feminism has already fallen out of style. She just doesn't know it yet. The second wave man-hating sexual phobia that sees rape everywhere. Its frigidity is evident in her writing. Then the bizarre merger with proud slut queer positivity. The post-hoc declarations of characters' sexual proclivities. The rationalization of racial retconning. It's like she discovered a Harry Potter fan tumblr, followed a couple links, and incorporated whatever she saw, resulting in an incoherent schizophrenic worldview. That's probably exactly what happened.

Her name is fucking Joanne. Need I say more?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:38 am

She comes across as a solid Linda, though.

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:20 pm

I'm sitting in a room with 5 of my co-workers and I'm the only one not dicking around on Snapchat. I've become an old.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:26 pm

Kazmyr wrote:I'm sitting in a room with 5 of my co-workers and I'm the only one not dicking around on Snapchat. I've become an old.
Not old, just unpopular.
:twisted:

Get some friends, man!
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:30 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Kazmyr wrote:I'm sitting in a room with 5 of my co-workers and I'm the only one not dicking around on Snapchat. I've become an old.
Not old, just unpopular.
:twisted:

Get some friends, man!
I have friends, I swear... :lol:

They're just a bunch of crotchety shits like me without Snapchat. Probably explains why I frequent this establishment.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.