What show are you watching right now?

heydaralon

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by heydaralon » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:04 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Anyway Capps, I am starting to feel like a creepy Jehovah's witness with getting GCF on board with this. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. I saw that Mindhunter show with my girlfriend over the weekend. I was fairly disappointed, but she seemed to like it. Its like a better shot version of criminal minds. I read about all those serial killers growing up. The guy who plays Edmund Kemper was pretty spot on, but I don't think that show is all that good. It had its moments. Did you see Ozark? My girlfriend liked that one too, but I thought it felt kind of like a breaking bad ripoff. Didn't cover much new ground. Netflix has been disappointing lately idk.
We really like Ozark, actually. It's similar to Breaking Bad, in that the protaganist has a family?? :lol:
Great plot twists, and a lot of unpredictable behavior. The main dude breaks all kinds of conventions each time he gets into a bind, sort of like a horror-movie character choosing not to panic and lock themselves in a room, and instead facing the killer with a shotgun. :)
If you have time to watch Ozark dude you have time to watch the wire. Very disappointed in you right now man. I'm not angry, just disappointed. A real stab in my heart to be quite honest.

In my opinion, Jason Bateman does not have much range as an actor. He does great in comedies, but the acting wasn't all that good in this show. Like when they were torturing him, he seemed more irritated than in pain. Ow! Please stop that Del! Damnit Del that hurts! The entire plot seemed silly, and that gay FBI agent seducing that redneck was pretty ridiculous.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Part of me doesn't want Grumpy to watch The Wire, because once he does, it'll be the only show he'll ever want to talk about ever again, he'll be one of those people.

The Wire is everything he wishes Game of Thrones was, I guess one upshot will be that his critiques of GoT will get infinitely better after viewing The Wire, because if you peel away all the bullshit he spouts about that show, he basically wishes GoT had David Simon as it's showrunner, he just doesn't know it yet.

That will be his knock on every show, it's not The Wire. It's going to get annoying, I'm already dreading it.
*yip*

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:16 pm

I really liked Ozark, I watched it in like a week

I haven't done the Wire yet, its HBO right? I'll start that after I finish my one Star Wars a day in chronological order
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:19 pm

Big Mouth is another good raunchy adult cartoon

Not as good as F is for Family but still good. I didm't like the meta joke at the end of the last episode but otherwise all good
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:37 pm

California wrote:I really liked Ozark, I watched it in like a week

I haven't done the Wire yet, its HBO right? I'll start that after I finish my one Star Wars a day in chronological order
HBO, yeah. Was the best drama on television every year that it aired, even though no one watched it, and it never won an emmy. I never met anyone who watched The Wire in it's entirety and yet didn't think it was one of the greatest shows they've ever seen.
*yip*

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:02 am

:lol:

Y'all watch this?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:55 am

Okeefenokee wrote::lol:

Y'all watch this?
That is a highlight reel of awesome :lol:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:50 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Y'all watch this?
That is a highlight reel of awesome :lol:
"I am not a merry man!"
Fuck, that line kills me every time. Good shit.
*yip*

Penner

Post by Penner » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Y'all watch this?
That was a good video.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:19 pm

Capps, what did you think of the last episode of the Deuce? Slim Charles strikes again! I'm bummed out that there is only one episode left in the season.
Shikata ga nai