NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Thu May 18, 2017 8:53 pm

Corey Perry just keeps coming through in the clutch. Sweet game.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:03 pm

His best game so far, Getzlaf-Perry just like old times.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri May 19, 2017 12:43 am

Smitty-48 wrote:It's not just Marner lighting it up at the Worlds, check this goal by Billy Nylander at 1:00...

Playing on the top line with Backstrom, leading Team Sweden in scoring; 6 goals-6 assists-12 points, third in the championship behind only Kucherov (6G-7A-13P) and Panarin (4G-10A-14P)
He's making some pretty goals, for sure. I just have problems working up any excitement for the World Cup these days. It's such a sideshow.

I'm bored as heck with the marathon playoffs in NHL and now also SHL. Best out of 7 and suspiciously often also goes to game 7. I get cynical and bored.

Good God, I'm getting old.
:cry:

Also - no NHL players in 2018 Olympics.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Fri May 19, 2017 7:25 am

Hastur wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:It's not just Marner lighting it up at the Worlds, check this goal by Billy Nylander at 1:00...

Playing on the top line with Backstrom, leading Team Sweden in scoring; 6 goals-6 assists-12 points, third in the championship behind only Kucherov (6G-7A-13P) and Panarin (4G-10A-14P)
He's making some pretty goals, for sure. I just have problems working up any excitement for the World Cup these days. It's such a sideshow.

I'm bored as heck with the marathon playoffs in NHL and now also SHL. Best out of 7 and suspiciously often also goes to game 7. I get cynical and bored.

Good God, I'm getting old.
:cry:

Also - no NHL players in 2018 Olympics
as of right now. God I hope they change that. I love watching Olympic hockey.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 19, 2017 9:03 am

SilverEagle wrote:
Hastur wrote:
Also - no NHL players in 2018 Olympics
as of right now. God I hope they change that. I love watching Olympic hockey.
Seems like a negotiation tactic on the NHL owners part to squeeze more money out of the IOC, and the IOC doesn't want to cave right out the gate, so we have a game of chicken going. That better be all it is, because if NHL players actually don't go to Olympics because any side gets too greedy in the process, then all parties involved in negotiations are complete faggots.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Fri May 19, 2017 9:56 am

Well StCapps....looks like you're going to get your wish. Murray is starting in Net tonight.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 19, 2017 11:11 am

SilverEagle wrote:Well StCapps....looks like you're going to get your wish. Murray is starting in Net tonight.
Has to be done. Sucks to be Sullivan because there is no good choice, and if the Pens lose he's going to get shit on by Monday Morning Coaches whether he made the right call or not. Hard to trust Murray coming in with only two periods under his belt these playoffs, but it's even harder to trust Fleury at this point in the series. Could totally backfire, but it sure seems like the least terrible decision available without the benefit of hindsight.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am

StCapps wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:Well StCapps....looks like you're going to get your wish. Murray is starting in Net tonight.
Has to be done. Sucks to be Sullivan because there is no good choice, and if the Pens lose he's going to get shit on whether you made the right call or not.
Well he has to swing for the fences because if they lose tonight it's 100% over for the Pens. I would've rather lost to the Caps then this mediocre team running the trap. Put it this way if the Pens lose I will be rooting for the Western team to sweep those fuckers and expose them for what they are. A .500 team that hit above their weight class by playing the trap and were lucky enough to run into a severely injury ridden Pens team that would've eaten their lunch if they were as healthy as they were last year.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 19, 2017 2:21 pm

Johansen done for the playoffs with a thigh injury. Gotta favor Anaheim to win the series at this point, rough break for Smashville.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:36 am

Team Avalanche comes through for Team Canada in a pinch, backs against the wall... MacKinnon-O'Rielly double tap dap.

Yeah, the O'Rielly trade, that was a dumb one, I don't see why the Av's felt the need to go cheap there, that's sort of the thing which derailed them.
Nec Aspera Terrent