The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:29 am

I can just imagine how awesome this game is going to be in my hundred dollar pixel space spaceship. Any day now.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:33 am

Guess it didn't get archived.

Nuke would'a liked it.

Oh well, digital stone.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:35 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I can just imagine how awesome this game is going to be in my hundred dollar pixel space spaceship. Any day now.
We should start a real life lootcrate service... Pick a genre/activity, some boxes are meh, some are normal, few are better than cost, ultra-rare amazing items...

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:37 am

adwinistrator wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I can just imagine how awesome this game is going to be in my hundred dollar pixel space spaceship. Any day now.
We should start a real life lootcrate service... Pick a genre/activity, some boxes are meh, some are normal, few are better than cost, ultra-rare amazing items...

I think there is one like that literally called Loot Crate.

It would be cool, though, to have them with random shit in there, and maybe you get something that's worth more than you paid, but you always get a decent amount of loot for how much you bought.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:40 am

You know you can play for free, right?

You had to have come across that nugget of information at some point in all your fake news sleuthing.

Actually, I bet you already have.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:43 am

Oh hell yeah, it makes it even cooler when I am flying my digital spaceship around in the demo to imagine how great this fucking game is going to be. I can almost forget that most of that demo is adapted from the 3D engine they licensed and all they did was add their models to it. But other than that, yeah, any day now we are going to have the real thing. It's going to be the best game ever. You're going to love it.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:44 am

I am really, really looking forward to this one. I'll never pre-order a game, but I'll buy it at release.

https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/1 ... ill-trees/
The twist, aside from the fact that this is very much a grounded historical setting rather than a game of dragons and trolls, relates to the information you’re given to guide you toward a solution. There’s no equivalent of a Witcher sense so when a stablehand tells me that he saw the perpetrators leaving the scene in a particular direction, I head off down the path he pointed at and look for signs of their passing. Rather than following a glowing red trail, I’m looking for damage to fences and gates that might have been caused by people making a quick getaway in the dark.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:52 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Oh hell yeah, it makes it even cooler when I am flying my digital spaceship around in the demo to imagine how great this fucking game is going to be. I can almost forget that most of that demo is adapted from the 3D engine they licensed and all they did was add their models to it. But other than that, yeah, any day now we are going to have the real thing. It's going to be the best game ever. You're going to love it.
What engine would that be?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:57 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Oh hell yeah, it makes it even cooler when I am flying my digital spaceship around in the demo to imagine how great this fucking game is going to be. I can almost forget that most of that demo is adapted from the 3D engine they licensed and all they did was add their models to it. But other than that, yeah, any day now we are going to have the real thing. It's going to be the best game ever. You're going to love it.
What engine would that be?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Lumberyard

Most of the code in the demos you are playing were written by Amazon developers to release this engine. It's a free, open-source engine too. Not one of the good ones. You'd think with a 150 million dollars, they'd have gone with something good.

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:03 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I am really, really looking forward to this one. I'll never pre-order a game, but I'll buy it at release.

https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/1 ... ill-trees/
The twist, aside from the fact that this is very much a grounded historical setting rather than a game of dragons and trolls, relates to the information you’re given to guide you toward a solution. There’s no equivalent of a Witcher sense so when a stablehand tells me that he saw the perpetrators leaving the scene in a particular direction, I head off down the path he pointed at and look for signs of their passing. Rather than following a glowing red trail, I’m looking for damage to fences and gates that might have been caused by people making a quick getaway in the dark.
Looks really good. Always enjoy the games that don't hold your hand. Not the easiest to market or sell on the mass market, but it's refreshing. There's a balance to be had between unfairly difficult, and achievable but making you figure it out.