NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Thu May 18, 2017 3:58 pm

How much would the Avs have to pay to get Drouin off the Lighting considering he hasn't quite lived up to expectations so far in Tampa? A MacKinnon-Drouin reunion, a boy can dream.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:19 pm

Drouin could be that guy, that's the caliber of guy the Av's need to play with Mackinnon in order to maximize the Mackinnon, it would cost, but it's more doable than prying Hanafin out of Carolina, mind you, T-Bay wants D, so Tyson Barrie would have to be in the mix, but I would actually want to hold on to Barrie if I was the Avs, as soon as they trade Barrie, then they gotta find a replacement for Barrie, and RHD puck movers are at a premium to say the least.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:33 pm

Here's the move I would try if I was Sakic, put Barrie in the mix for Drouin, because I think T-Bay would love to have Barrie with Hedman and then slide Stralman back, but at the same time, try to get Jacob Trouba out of Winnipeg to replace Barrie.

Barrie++ to T-Bay for Drouin, Duchene++ to Winnipeg for Trouba.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 18, 2017 4:59 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Drouin could be that guy, that's the caliber of guy the Av's need to play with Mackinnon in order to maximize the Mackinnon, it would cost, but it's more doable than prying Hanafin out of Carolina, mind you, T-Bay wants D, so Tyson Barrie would have to be in the mix, but I would actually want to hold on to Barrie if I was the Avs, as soon as they trade Barrie, then they gotta find a replacement for Barrie, and RHD puck movers are at a premium to say the least.
You'd think they'd bite on Erik Johnson, a defensive prospect and/or draft pick? Or is it Barrie or no go?
The only way the Avs could possibly replace Barrie within the next few years is with a Duchene or Landeskog trade, but without making that trade first the Avs can't pull the trigger on a Barrie-Drouin trade.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:47 pm

Johnson's not going to get it done, might be able to move him to NJ though, they're desperate for top 4 D, Erik Johnson for John Quenneville or something like that.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:23 pm

It's not just Marner lighting it up at the Worlds, check this goal by Billy Nylander at 1:00...

Playing on the top line with Backstrom, leading Team Sweden in scoring; 6 goals-6 assists-12 points, third in the championship behind only Kucherov (6G-7A-13P) and Panarin (4G-10A-14P)
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 18, 2017 7:34 pm

Imagine if Matthews had shown for the US.
The Avs are killing it at the World's too. Only guy not showing up is Duchene. MacKinnon, Rantanen, Barrie (before he got hurt), Landeskog are rolling. Compher and Pickard playing decent too. The World's been berry, berry, good to me. We got Tyson Jost on the come up too, we got some good forwards, we just need a defense beyond Barrie.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:41 pm

I'm glad Matty took a pass, he's played enough for this year, safe and sound back in Arizona working out, it's nice just to be able to focus on my other boys, Willy and Mitch, it's actually an embarassment of riches.

I was really impressed with MacKinnon and Barrie, they looked great, Duchene not so much, Rantanen's a keeper fer sure, Av's should actually trade Varlamov and just go with Pickard, Varlamov might be a dangle to Winnipeg for Trouba, because Winnipeg basically missed this year because of tending.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I was really impressed with MacKinnon and Barrie, they looked great, Duchene not so much, Rantanen's a keeper fer sure, Av's should actually trade Varlamov and just go with Pickard, Varlamov might be a dangle to Winnipeg for Trouba, because Winnipeg basically missed this year because of tending.
If that's possible, do that immediately, before Winnipeg changes their minds. Trouba for Varlamov..... :drool:

Unforuntaley we could have had Filip Forsberg if we never traded away a first rounder to the Caps for Varlamov like complete morons, and that makes me hurt inside, especially after that game tying goal in the dying seconds. Why do the Avs have to be so retarded?
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:04 pm

Would have to be more than just Varlamov, but they do need a goalie, so maybe put him in a package, bear in mind, getting anybody to trade a top two D for anything other than a top two D, is gonna take a package of players, Trouba's value is through the roof, not getting him straight up, unless it's for a LHD top pairing equivalent, the Leafs would have to give them Morgan Rielly.
Nec Aspera Terrent