Literal Odds and Ends

Speaker to Animals

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:30 am

If these Goddam hornets want war, I will burn the whole tree down.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:43 am

Okeefenokee wrote:I buried my kitty today.

:cry:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:54 pm

So.. if you are building a deep learning library from scratch, maybe don't make your math classes (especially vectors) immutable. Fuck.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:11 pm

Thank God, I think this heat is almost over. The bleeding finally stopped and it's not swelled up so much.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:48 pm

Here in Belton,

Who wants to be a Crusader?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:30 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Who wants to be a Crusader?
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:51 pm

If I find out they have a decent engineering program, I'm transferring.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:57 am

I wonder if Fife or Deo has looked into the Purple Mattress court saga. This trainwreck of a court case is actually kind of interesting as far as court cases go.

So.. this guy calls himself "honest mattress reviews", and he puts out a no-so-honest review of Purple Mattress:

While the issues he raised were legitimate, he failed to point out that he contracts for Purple's primary competitor for brand awareness or something like that.

Purple launches a massive lawsuit and even manages to get a temporary restraining order prohibiting him from further reviewing their products. Purple refuses to tell anybody what that powder consists of, though the lawyers for the reviewer claim independent testing confirms they are at least respiratory irritants.

This lawyer starts to try to break down some of this debacle:

It seems to me, though I am no lawyer, that Ghost Mattress did nothing technically wrong (though obviously a bit dishonest). They exploited legitimate safety concerns regarding their competitor's product, but to claim somebody has no right to criticize Purple's use of this secret powder that apparently people are inhaling can be shut down because it negatively affects Purple seems pretty crazy to me.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:24 am

Somebody told me that the Chinese were inhuman monsters, because they manufacture things with nasty chemicals in them, and that was the Great Difference of Capitalisum.... :think:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:13 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Somebody told me that the Chinese were inhuman monsters, because they manufacture things with nasty chemicals in them, and that was the Great Difference of Capitalisum.... :think:
They eat dogs so I don't like them. All 1.5 billion.

Its the same as Muslims; it is literally inhuman not to like dogs as dog ownership is one of the defining traits of being human instead of an ape. So I don't like all 1.5 billion of them either
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session