NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Smitty-48

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:55 pm

Yes, Babcock gave Kadri the opportunity, but Kadri pushed himself to a whole new level, it wasn't a fluke, Kadri put in the work.

Duchene's FO % is good, but I'm fine with Bozak at 56% and $2 million cheaper, and so would Carolina be, if Sakic was so silly as to come to Raliegh with Matt Duchene in hand, demanding Hanafin in return.

Hanafin's not getting traded, that's just fake news churn, nobody trades a Hanafin these days, and particularly not for a Matt Duchene, you'll see, if you move Duchene, you'll be underwhelmed by the return, I mean, obviously, based on how much you are overrating his value.

If Duchene was 6'2" and 215lbs, he might be worth what you're asking, but since he's not, he's not.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 18, 2017 12:58 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Yes, Babcock gave Kadri the opportunity, but Kadri pushed himself to a whole new level, it wasn't a fluke, Kadri put in the work.

Duchene's FO % is good, but I'm fine with Bozak at 56% and $2 million cheaper, and so would Carolina be, if Sakic was so silly as to come to Raliegh with Matt Duchene in hand, demanding Hanafin in return.

Hanafin's not getting traded, that's just fake news churn, nobody trades a Hanafin these days, and particularly not for a Matt Duchene, you'll see, if you move Duchene, you'll be underwhelmed by the return, I mean, obviously, based on how much you are overrating his value.

If Duchene was 6'2" and 215lbs, he might be worth what you're asking, but since he's not, he's not.
Well I wouldn't make the trade in Carolina's shoes, but they aren't exactly the best run organization in the world, they've made dumb decisions before, their current situation might lead them to falsely believe they'll somehow get the better end of the deal, and we could take advantage. I wouldn't trade Sergachev and first if I was Montreal, but that doesn't mean they aren't dumb enough to be sucked into that either. Some teams just aren't that smart and are in bad spots, these are the teams that we are most likely to take advantage of.

Also Duchene is a much more skilled offensive talent than Bozak or Kadri, neither of those guys fetch anywhere near Duchene's return.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu May 18, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:03 pm

Carolina is badly run? How so? They got Hanafin, Faulk, Slavin, Pesce, Lindholm, Aho, Rask, they are way better positioned than Colorado, they don't need Matt Duchene.

Ron Francis is not so dumb as to trade Hanafin, I don't get why you can't see the fake news here, when it comes to Duchene Fake News, you're like the hockey equivalent of CNN.

If you want Hanafin, you'd have to put MacKinnon on the table, make no mistake.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 18, 2017 1:08 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:If you want Hanafin, you'd have to put MacKinnon on the table, make no mistake.
Ron Francis can fuck off if he's going to ask that. Being better positioned than Colorado isn't really a complement, if you're not, you kind of suck. Not impressed by Carolina yet, they have an okay start to what could be a bright future, and a bunch of picks this year, but we'll see how it pans out. Not sold on them at all, but I do like the good young defense, that's the right way to build anyway.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:13 pm

Meh, there's so much parity, I wouldn't write Colorado off as being as bad as their record this year, the Leafs finished last, and then they made the playoffs, it's not actually that far from the top to the bottom anymore, I wouldn't actually blow it up if I was Sakic, I would just add here and there, watching MacKinnon and Barrie at the Worlds; they looked great, Mackinnon, Barrie, and then add Mitch Marner, and suddenly they were lighting it up, rather than blow it up, I would just look to add something to what's there, put a Mitch Marner with Mackinnon, and look out, because that was copacetic, the second Marner stepped in there.

Marner btw; ten points, Team Canada's best forward at the World's; already.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Thu May 18, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 18, 2017 1:15 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Meh, there's so much parity, I wouldn't write Colorado off as being as bad as their record this year, the Leafs finished last, and then they made the playoffs, it's not actually that far from the top to the bottom anymore, I wouldn't actually blow it up if I was Sakic, I would just add here and there, watching MacKinnon and Barrie at the Worlds; they looked great, Mackinnon, Barrie, and then add Mitch Marner, and suddenly they were lighting it up, rather than blow it up, I would just look to add something to what's there, put a Mitch Marner with Mackinnon, and look out, because that was copacetic, the second Marner stepped in there.
Who is the poor man's Mitch Marner of this draft? We got Mikko Rantanen playing on MacKinnon's right and that kid looks dope and he's got size that a Marner type wouldn't, so preferably someone who can play LW.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu May 18, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:18 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Meh, there's so much parity, I wouldn't write Colorado off as being as bad as their record this year, the Leafs finished last, and then they made the playoffs, it's not actually that far from the top to the bottom anymore, I wouldn't actually blow it up if I was Sakic, I would just add here and there, watching MacKinnon and Barrie at the Worlds; they looked great, Mackinnon, Barrie, and then add Mitch Marner, and suddenly they were lighting it up, rather than blow it up, I would just look to add something to what's there, put a Mitch Marner with Mackinnon, and look out, because that was copacetic, the second Marner stepped in there.
Who is the poor man's Mitch Marner of this draft?
There's no Mitch Marner in this draft, if Marner was in this draft, he'd be going first overall, I'm just saying, Colorado is one player away from being back on track, if they can get a player of that caliber to play with Mackinnon.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 18, 2017 1:19 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:There's no Mitch Marner in this draft, if Marner was in this draft, he'd be going first overall, I'm just saying, Colorado is one player away from being back on track, if they can get a player of that caliber to play with Mackinnon.
That's why I said a Poor Man's Marner. Who is the closest thing this year?
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:26 pm

There's nobody in this draft who is even in the same ballpark as Marner, there's no such thing as a poor man's Marner, if it's poor man's, then it's not Marner, I'm just saying, as soon as Mackinnon had the real deal Marner on his wing; boom, Mackinnon went lights out.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 18, 2017 1:30 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:There's nobody in this draft who is even in the same ballpark as Marner, there's no such thing as a poor man's Marner, if it's poor man's, then it's not Marner, I'm just saying, as soon as Mackinnon had the real deal Marner on his wing; boom, Mackinnon went lights out.
Well he's playing with Ratanen on his wing, who just elimated the Yanks from the Worlds, and he is the best Finnish skater on the ice. So there's that. People say good things about JT Compher and Tyson Jost, so hopely they turn out to be dope, but good fucking damnit do we need a defense beyond Barrie and Johnson, that shit is fucking pathetic.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu May 18, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*