International sports bar

SuburbanFarmer

Re: International sports bar

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:12 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Is there any strategery at all, or just pitch, pitch, bat, bat?
Most of the strategy is in placing the fielders and deciding which bowler to use against each batter but the batting side has a few options as well like deciding which balls to attack and which to defend.
So then no. Lol

It sounds like fun to play, but not watch
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:22 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Is there any strategery at all, or just pitch, pitch, bat, bat?
Most of the strategy is in placing the fielders and deciding which bowler to use against each batter but the batting side has a few options as well like deciding which balls to attack and which to defend.
So then no. Lol

It sounds like fun to play, but not watch
The anti-spectator sport, deliberately so, keeps the non-purists out and the sports nerd snobs in, just like I've been saying. Cricket could give two shits about what most people want to see, they only care about what cricket nerds want to see.
Last edited by StCapps on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:23 pm

Packed stadiums prove you wrong. Can't get a ticket to an international test in England.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:26 pm

Montegriffo wrote:[youtube]yuymmiiIsxk[/youtubeM

Packed stadiums prove you wrong. Can't get a ticket to an international test in England.
Packed with cricket nerds who want the game to go on forever. Nichey McNiche Niche.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:30 pm

I get it, it's too complicated for fighting on ice fans to understand. No reason to call it snobby just because you don't get it. Not going to dumb the game down just so North Americans can keep up...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:40 pm

Montegriffo wrote:I get it, it's too complicated for fighting on ice fans to understand. No reason to call it snobby just because you don't get it. Not going to dumb the game down just so North Americans can keep up...
Nor should you, let cricket be cricket, I say.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:45 pm

Montegriffo wrote:I get it, it's too complicated for fighting on ice fans to understand. No reason to call it snobby just because you don't get it. Not going to dumb the game down just so North Americans can keep up...
I don't see anything complicated about it, other than the byzantine scoring system. Compared to baseball, it's tic-tac-toe.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:21 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
I don't see anything complicated about it, other than the byzantine scoring system. Compared to baseball, it's tic-tac-toe.
What are you struggling with about the scoring?
1 run each time you run between the wickets.
4 runs if you reach the boundary after bouncing.
6 runs if you hit the ball past the boundary without bouncing.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:25 pm

:lol:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:28 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
What are you struggling with about the scoring?
1 run each time you run between the wickets.
4 runs if you reach the boundary after bouncing.
6 runs if you hit the ball past the boundary without bouncing.
Yeah...

Formerly GrumpyCatFace