Who was the biggest arsehole?

who was the biggest arsehole

you, you could have simply said no thanks or lied and said you'd already paid to avoid confrontation
15%
car driver, he was in the wrong and shouldn't have got abusive
8%
stander by, it was none of his business and he resorted to raising his voice and insults
No votes
you weren't an arsehole at all you could both have been fined heavily
8%
fuck the state fuck roads and fuck paying for car parking
23%
I think you were right but I'm voting you 'cos I want your dick
No votes
fuck off with your attention seeking poll, only Nuke should be allowed to make attention seeking polls, Nuke's polls are best polls.
46%
Even Hash gets more votes than your stupid poll
No votes
chicken fuckers the lot of you
No votes

Total votes: 13

Speaker to Animals

Re: Who was the biggest arsehole?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:59 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:58 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:52 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:50 am

Of course it is. If everyone did it revenue to cover maintenance would come from other local council projects or an increase in the ticket price or other local government revenue.
There is no moral defence of theft.
It is not morally stealing.

Nothing was stolen, not even the time allotted for the parking space since that time was already paid for.
No, it wasn't legally paid for, the ticket is non-transferable.
Tickets were made non-transferable due to loss of revenue. The alternative is to put the ticket price up which would punish law-abiding users of the car park.
Would you encourage people to go about demanding you gave them your ticket if it still had time on it?
Would that be intimidating for little old ladies?
You are confusing right with legal.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:02 am

Some carparks make you punch in your reg' number, which is printed on the ticket, but this is time-consuming, an invasion of privacy and inconvenient. When I went to Conwy castle last year there was a 30 minute wait to use the one working ticket machine.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:06 am

Say I buy a movie ticket outside a theater and walk across the street to eat lunch before the movie starts. Somebody calls me with an emergency and I need to go attend to that. If I give my ticket to the waitress so that she can go see the movie, did I steal from the movie the theater?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:09 am

Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:06 am
Say I buy a movie ticket outside a theater and walk across the street to eat lunch before the movie starts. Somebody calls me with an emergency and I need to go attend to that. If I give my ticket to the waitress so that she can go see the movie, did I steal from the movie the theater?
Does the ticket say non-transferable on it?
If the theatre is sold out because someone bought 100 tickets and is now selling them for double the price is the theatre the victim or fellow moviegoers?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:10 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:09 am
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:06 am
Does the ticket say non-transferable on it?
If the theatre is sold out because someone bought 100 tickets and is now selling them for double the price is the theatre the victim or fellow moviegoers?
Now you are talking about scalping. That may be so undesirable that we criminalize it, but that's not stealing either.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:11 am

Is it an AMC theater or is it The Peoples' Theatre?

Legality Uber Alles at The Peoples' Theatre.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:12 am

Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:10 am

Now you are talking about scalping. That may be so undesirable that we criminalize it, but that's not stealing either.
Undesirable for who? The AMC or the people who got to see a show for an agreeable price?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:13 am

The ticket says valid for up to one hour. Ten minutes is up to an hour, so is 59 mins.
The ticket price is the minimum charge for the convenience of being close to the high street. The parking space encourages footfall on the high street which is the duty of the council to encourage.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:15 am

Fife wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:11 am
Is it an AMC theater or is it The Peoples' Theatre?

Legality Uber Alles at The Peoples' Theatre.
Would it be more acceptable to steal from a privately owned for-profit car park operator?
What if it was a church car park, is it OK to defraud God?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:16 am

It's not stealing, Monte. Your government might make it illegal, but that doesn't make it immoral.